·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
149 Posts
Almost freezing temperature here but got them in within less than 10 minutes. Extremely easy. This one is a comparison photo with the left side still being stock bulb.
I will have to do something with the headlights too at some point.

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,238 Posts
Woot..!!!! K5 Optima Store is back :eek:ccasion14:
:thumbsup:

Almost freezing temperature here but got them in within less than 10 minutes. Extremely easy. This one is a comparison photo with the left side still being stock bulb.
I will have to do something with the headlights too at some point.
Looks great!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
188 Posts
I ordered the 80w Ambers and just installed them. I will edit this post with pics later. It doesn't take much effort or time at all.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,418 Posts
Installed mine today from the K5OS (Stage 2, 80W Cree fog lights, white). My 2012 had three plastic screws to remove (not two like the guide said). I did find that one of my bulbs was defective and the base was loose from the lens and I'll contact David to replace, so regardless of where you purchased them from, inspect them carefully before you start this project - just in case.

Since I have one OEM bulb and one K5OS LED 80W bulb, you can sure tell the difference (even in daylight). I really like the new LED look.

Highly recommended and a very easy install. If you are lowered (like I am) you WILL want to be up on ramps to do this. Enjoy!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,238 Posts
Installed mine today from the K5OS (Stage 2, 80W Cree fog lights, white)
Awesome to hear, and thank you for your order with us.

My 2012 had three plastic screws to remove (not two like the guide said)
I think you only need to take out two of them to be able to slip your hand through to access the bulb. At least I think that was the case with my 2012 SX Optima.

I did find that one of my bulbs was defective and the base was loose from the lens and I'll contact David to replace, so regardless of where you purchased them from, inspect them carefully before you start this project - just in case.
Was the bulb actually defective as in not working? Or are you just referring to the base being loose from the lens? These are assembled by hand and sometimes the glue just come a bit loose during shipping.

We can exchange it for a new one no problem, but it most likely works the same, just needs a dab of glue to hold the bulb in the base securely. I will get back to your email shortly though, and sorry for the hassle.

Since I have one OEM bulb and one K5OS LED 80W bulb, you can sure tell the difference (even in daylight). I really like the new LED look.

Highly recommended and a very easy install. If you are lowered (like I am) you WILL want to be up on ramps to do this. Enjoy!
Happy you will be enjoying the new LED bulbs with nicer, brighter and whiter lighting. (Even in the daylight) :cool:

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
20 Posts
Quick question guys. Can you replace the fog light bezel with this technique say for example to install the DRL's or is removing the bumber the only way?

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,418 Posts
Installed mine today from the K5OS (Stage 2, 80W Cree fog lights, white). My 2012 had three plastic screws to remove (not two like the guide said). I did find that one of my bulbs was defective and the base was loose from the lens and I'll contact David to replace, so regardless of where you purchased them from, inspect them carefully before you start this project - just in case.

Update: David was able to get me a fixed/replacement LED fog light bulb (excellent customer support BTW) and I was able to get this installed with no issues. As I said before, I really like the LED look as it now matches my OEM SX HIDs and is very bright.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,238 Posts
Bummer! Mods are a pain but pain is beauty lol thx for the help.
Very welcome sir.

Update: David was able to get me a fixed/replacement LED fog light bulb (excellent customer support BTW) and I was able to get this installed with no issues. As I said before, I really like the LED look as it now matches my OEM SX HIDs and is very bright.
Glad to hear my friend!! :thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 86 Posts