Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after numerous attempts to fix our headlights properly they’ve finally been fixed except now the drivers side low beam is pointed to the left (majority of the light is shining to the left) and I wondered how do I adjust the low beams. Is there like a screw that does vertical and horizontal and like left and right? I want to adjust both beams because now even though they work if the fog lights are off then I have practically no light shining onto the road because it’s pointing to the left or pointing down.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must be the biggest dummy in the world but when I was looking for something similar to your diagram I couldn’t find it at all. I just want to adjust the low beam though. Is there a similar thing to raise the beams?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way to just adjust a low beam, just the housing.
That seems kind of stupid. So if I adjust the entire housing the low beam will still be able to be pointed straight instead of off to the right? I don't want to adjust it just to have it not do me any good.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,469 Posts
By "housing" its the sliver reflector area. The screw will shift it right and left to change the beam.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I attempted to “aim” the headlights and this is what I got. Much better than before but I still can’t see a darn thing while driving. The main portion of the beam is still point left (the drivers side) the bulbs are brand new so I’ve dismissed the bulbs being the problem. It might be the headlights at this point. The night driving is so dark I can barely see road signs even with the fog lamps on. I’m attempting to reinstall the LED lows/fogs and see if that improves the light output.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts