Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2015 Optima with 67000 mile 2nd owner is at the dealer and the motor is locked up. Dealer called and said I must produce maintenance records for them to cover the engine. I do all the maintenance my self and don’t have all my oil change receipts.
What do I need to tell them so they just cover the engine replacement???

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
No maintenance records needed, call Kia customer service 1-800-333-4542.
If all recalls updates were done lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
NO, you don't have to prove anything. They need to replace the engine, and if they don't want to replace it, the burden is on THEM to prove there is engine sludge or other visible signs of user neglect.

You did your own service so there should be no signs of user neglect or sludge.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
........dealers allegedly were not honoring warranty service due to what they considered improper owner maintenance, according to owner forums as well as Girard Gibbs, the law firm in charge of the suit. In January 2016, shortly after the original Hyundai recall, Kia began investigating on its own and subsequently found problems across its vehicle range. It also offered extended power-train warranties to Sorento, Optima, and Sportage owners after receiving elevated warranty claims on these engines. Kia also said it had to tell dealers not to refuse warranty work just because a customer couldn’t provide service records of oil changes.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Call corporate and let them know, don't bother working with the dealer to try and get them to cover it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So my 2015 Optima with 67000 mile 2nd owner is at the dealer and the motor is locked up. Dealer called and said I must produce maintenance records for them to cover the engine. I do all the maintenance my self and don’t have all my oil change receipts.
What do I need to tell them so they just cover the engine replacement???

You get it towed into them. Its a national recall shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kia honored everything.
Just picked up my Optima from Kim at Thomas Kia in Highland Indiana. Excellent service.
New Engine is doing good so far.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out OK. Think about giving it a first oil/filter change @ 1500 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts