Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about taking a pic of the odometer mileage, a pic of the RockAuto order of oil filters and the oil receipt from Wallyworld. I still think that won't be enough for the bastards at KIA. The engine on my '12 Optima SX was replaced for the first time last May. I bought it used off of GF at 100K. I dealt with the same service manager she had for her lifetime oil changes on the car so they replaced it without question. It's not if but when it blows up again will my proof of maintenance be sufficient? Any advice is welcome!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,316 Posts
If they ask, you'll only need it for the last year, so something could be created, but normally, if the engine is clean, no problem. Take a look at the cylinder head when the oil cap is removed and one can tell if car has had regular service, no build up at all.

With your maintenance you'll be fine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they ask, you'll only need it for the last year, so something could be created, but normally, if the engine is clean, no problem. Take a look at the cylinder head when the oil cap is removed and one can tell if car has had regular service, no build up at all.

With your maintenance you'll be fine.
Sounds good, Turbonut. All my vehicles have no sludge, including my '89 Lincoln MK VII with 199,000 miles.

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
222 Posts
Yes Turbo good one everything is shiny in there when I take the oil cap off.

I wouldn't be buying the oil filters off of Rock Auto if they see an after market filter they might use that against you. Just buy the factor filter there cheap. One less thing to bust your balls about.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Raybo my new engine looks clean like that but the oil cap is original and shows the heavy sludging from the old motor. Funny that it had lifetime oil changes from KIA with the previous owner. I use WIX platinum filters; they actually invented the oil filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the United States, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits car manufacturers from denying warranty claims on the basis of using third-party parts unless they can prove that the third-party part caused the problem, or unless they provide the factory part free of charge as needed. Kia has already been slapped by the FTC for this.

The Mann filters sold by RockAuto are perfectly safe to use: the Kia "OEM" filters are actually made by Mann. (Read the fine print on the side of the filter!)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the United States, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits car manufacturers from denying warranty claims on the basis of using third-party parts unless they can prove that the third-party part caused the problem, or unless they provide the factory part free of charge as needed. Kia has already been slapped by the FTC for this.

The Mann filters sold by RockAuto are perfectly safe to use: the Kia "OEM" filters are actually made by Mann. (Read the fine print on the side of the filter!)
Thank you for the clarification! I'm still taking pictures of the odo, oil jug and filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts