Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what this green hose with green tabs on the clamp in the engine bay is near the spark plug area ? If pics are needed I can supply but it’s the only thing in the engine bay like that

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had to unplug it to change out spark plugs as it was in the way and was the only way I could do it

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,101 Posts
Here's a video of the 2.0T engine at the point in time showing the area above all four spark plugs, but I don't see a hose you are describing. If you rewind or fast forward can you find it in the video?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am referring to this piece right here it is slightly loose and the clamp was so damaged from previous owner I’m guessing it broke off it holds on just fine besides me being able to slightly move it forward and back is that supposed to move?(car runs fine with it like this but bringing my car into dealership tomorrow for a turbo and p107 code as well so didn’t know if I should mention this) as well as clamps on where the spark plugs go broke but still holding on

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(I did not cause this damage the previous owner or normal wear and tear has I’m guessing. Would my extended warranty/factory warranty cover this? I have both

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,216 Posts
That's the fuel connection for the HP fuel pump, and it is loose, no problem it it's not leaking.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Watch the video linked above, the mechanic shows how to operate the two latching mechanisms in that fuel line connection.

Sounds like you are saying the outer orange clip part has some issue? Well, that might be OK for now, because I am guessing the two side release buttons still are working properly.

But you can watch the mechanic, he will slide the orange clip upward, and then he will depress the two side buttons, in order to release the fuel line connection. The mechanic uses a special tool to press the side buttons, but it's possible to also use your fingers to press them. The fuel line is under high pressure even when the car is off, and fuel will squirt out even if you've lowered the pressure as shown in the video.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Watch the video linked above, the mechanic shows how to operate the two latching mechanisms in that fuel line connection.

Sounds like you are saying the outer orange clip part has some issue? Well, that might be OK for now, because I am guessing the two side release buttons still are working properly.

But you can watch the mechanic, he will slide the orange clip upward, and then he will depress the two side buttons, in order to release the fuel line connection. The mechanic uses a special tool to press the side buttons, but it's possible to also use your fingers to press them. The fuel line is under high pressure even when the car is off, and fuel will squirt out even if you've lowered the pressure as shown in the video.
Actually the green clips are broke on mine only the orange one is holding it on I was told if that clip pops up it will come off and will spray all over my engine bay and if it going into the turbo it will catch on fire but I was also told by someone else it’s highly unlikely that orange clip will come up while driving idk the risk is huge and you can’t just buy a new clip (what I was told by Kia ) it’s a whole unit. Probably another way for them to make more money

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
For future reference, it is NOT necessary to disconnect the fuel line when changing the spark plugs. Just leave that part alone.

I've changed my plugs twice now. The easiest way I can find is you just focus on removing the coils. Each coil has a two-action disconnect mechanism where you slide out a plastic tab, which then allows you to pinch the remaining part together and unplug from the wiring harness.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For future reference, it is NOT necessary to disconnect the fuel line when changing the spark plugs. Just leave that part alone.

I've changed my plugs twice now. The easiest way I can find is you just focus on removing the coils. Each coil has a two-action disconnect mechanism where you slide out a plastic tab, which then allows you to pinch the remaining part together and unplug from the wiring harness.
I know I couldn’t undo the bolt as it was right in the way looks like the previous owner or a shop moved some stuff around and got it directly in the way so in my specific situation I needed to but yes I didn’t cause it to break it was already broken I had just noticed that when taking it off but thanks for the info man your help is greatly appreciated it seems like not many people are active anymore which is a sad thing to say

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,216 Posts
I know I couldn’t undo the bolt as it was right in the way looks like the previous owner or a shop moved some stuff around and got it directly in the way so in my specific situation I needed to but yes I didn’t cause it to break it was already broken I had just noticed that when taking it off but thanks for the info man your help is greatly appreciated it seems like not many people are active anymore which is a sad thing to say
As KF, I've done the plugs and not really a problem, so not certain which bolt was not able to be removed, coil?
Even in the picture, doesn't look any different than any other HP fuel pump/line.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As KF, I've done the plugs and not really a problem, so not certain which bolt was not able to be removed, coil?
Even in the picture, doesn't look any different than any other HP fuel pump/line.
Oh that wasn’t my picture I’ll update you in a min with a picture of my engine bay or can I upload a video from camera roll on here or no?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts