Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at putting a hitch bike rack on my 2014 Optima EX. I would prefer a 2" trailer hitch over a 1.25", but I'm having trouble finding a 2" for the Optima. Does anyone know any 2" trailer hitch that will fit the Optima? All I seem to find are 1.25" trailer hitch. I don't plan on doing any towing, just putting on a bike rack or a cargo rack. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
What I see is that the 1.25" class 1 receiver has a tongue max of 200# which would be enough for a couple of bikes.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
I could not find any 2" for the Kia Optima. I don't think the frame of the car is rated to meet the requirements for that. Or maybe it's something else about the car that won't allow the 2".

I've been happy with my 1.25" Curt.

Oh, I also thought I would only use it for my bike carrier. But I gotta say, it's really great being able to rent a trailer at uhaul. It's like converting your car into a long-bed pickup. The great thing about trailer rentals is Uhaul doesn't care how many miles you put on the trailer, and they don't really care much about the trailer so you are unlikely to be unfairly hit with surprise fees (like how they charged me a cleaning fee for a truck, even though it was clean). Also, you don't need to modify any wiring. just install the hitch. Later, you can get an adapter kit that is click-to-install where it's cables interconnect into the existing connectors for the tail lights. So much easier to put in than I expected.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
I see nothing wrong with towing light loads and not trying be the devil's advocate, but with a tongue max of 200 lbs and trailer towing not recommended, must say, hopefully not heavy loads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a Hitch Bike Rack about six months ago. This is the most convenient and useful purchase in my entire life. Therefore, if you decide to order a Hitch Bike Rack, then this is the right decision. Just until I bought it for myself, I constantly put the bike in the car interior. It was terribly uncomfortable because I had to fold the rear seats. But thank God, my friend advised me to order at https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Rechargeable-Illumination-Resistant-Accessories/dp/B078TB9TMK . Hitch Bike Rack. By the way, you can see if there is a suitable Hitch Bike Rack for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts