Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gas leak coming from the fuel line connector leading into my high pressure fuel pump. There are several fuel line connectors out there and fuel line is pretty cheap but my auto shop is saying I have to order the entire line and connectors directly from the dealership. 180 for the line/connectors and 2 hours labor. Anyone else have this problem? Seems like I could just buy a 15 dollar connector and save myself hundreds of dollars. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
Any particular reason it started leaking, engine replacement, line disconnected for some reason? There have been problems with leaks at the high pressure fuel pump outlet after the line has been disconnected, so there was a recall 17V-224 as the line may have been damaged, misaligned, or improperly torqued during engine replacement. If this is the case, the dealer will replace the pipe free of charge.

Having said that, the line that is leaking on your car is the supply line to the high pressure pump, and once again, if a repair were performed that caused the leak, I'd have it repaired by whoever did the job. Haven't seen many of them leak, but if the leak is just started for no reason, there have been repairs that have been done to a quick disconnect line, e.g. replacement fitting, new o rings, but must say that I've never done one, and getting the correct parts might present a problem.
Guess we're back to replacement of the line, but I'd get the part number and check around for prices.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any particular reason it started leaking, engine replacement, line disconnected for some reason? There have been problems with leaks at the high pressure fuel pump outlet after the line has been disconnected, so there was a recall 17V-224 as the line may have been damaged, misaligned, or improperly torqued during engine replacement. If this is the case, the dealer will replace the pipe free of charge.

Having said that, the line that is leaking on your car is the supply line to the high pressure pump, and once again, if a repair were performed that caused the leak, I'd have it repaired by whoever did the job. Haven't seen many of them leak, but if the leak is just started for no reason, there have been repairs that have been done to a quick disconnect line, e.g. replacement fitting, new o rings, but must say that I've never done one, and getting the correct parts might present a problem.
Guess we're back to replacement of the line, but I'd get the part number and check around for prices.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happened right after I got an oil change at Jiffy Lube. I went back and showed them but they said they wouldn't have touched it. Not sure i believe them... Anyways, I called the dealer parts desk and they informed me that from a dealer standpoint, it's on piece. It's a special quick connector to a hose to another connector. I just can't wrap my head around how this is a 180 part and 2 hours of labor. Hopefully you all have a better experience if you ever need it fixed.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anyone needed to fix this... it’s part number 31310-3q100. Should be around 100-130 bucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It happened right after I got an oil change at Jiffy Lube. I went back and showed them but they said they wouldn't have touched it. Not sure i believe them... Anyways, I called the dealer parts desk and they informed me that from a dealer standpoint, it's on piece. It's a special quick connector to a hose to another connector. I just can't wrap my head around how this is a 180 part and 2 hours of labor. Hopefully you all have a better experience if you ever need it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Kia Optima SXL the car was driving sluggish took it into dealer they said it was the high pressure fuel pump. I missed my warranty by 2360 miles. to make it short it came to $1,025.84 I have a feeling there's going to be a recall on high pressure fuel pumps I've already had six recalls two of which I've had fixed and I'm trying to be reimbursed for. One of my fixes was in 2016 and they want proof on how I paid for it it doesn't show on the receipt. my wife said it was a credit card that we don't have anymore. I'm paddling up **** creek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts