Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just replaced my license plate lights with the stage 2 led and noticed that one light will go in and out randomly. Did I receive a bad bulb?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Will be taking pics of my mods from you later tonight David!
Sweet looking forward to seeing them. :thumbsup:

I just replaced my license plate lights with the stage 2 led and noticed that one light will go in and out randomly. Did I receive a bad bulb?
Usually this is due to the pins not making a solid contact with the socket. You can fix this by taking the flickering bulb out, taking your fingernail and slightly bending the pins outward a very small amount and then reinserting the bulb. This makes it have a tighter contact with the socket thus eliminating the flicker 90% of the time.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please send me an email to [email protected] and I will be happy to get you out a new bulb.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
360 Posts
Just ordered a set of Stage II License Plate LED bulbs. & Payment SENT To a super awesome vender. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
09/2013 ROTM, 06/2014 ROTM
2013 Optima LX
2,810 Posts
A year ago i ordered some cheap ebay license bulbs for a few bucks and thought i got a bomb deal. after a month and a half they started flickering and died. I decided to give K5OS stage 1 bulbs a try and they were great and were still going strong a year later. i then decided that i wanted something brighter so i ordered the stage 2 license plate bulbs and all i can say is they are AMAZING. pictures cant even describe how much brighter and whiter they are compared to anything. I guarantee if you buy them you WILL love them :thumbsup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
A year ago i ordered some cheap ebay license bulbs for a few bucks and thought i got a bomb deal. after a month and a half they started flickering and died. I decided to give K5OS stage 1 bulbs a try and they were great and were still going strong a year later. i then decided that i wanted something brighter so i ordered the stage 2 license plate bulbs and all i can say is they are AMAZING. pictures cant even describe how much brighter and whiter they are compared to anything. I guarantee if you buy them you WILL love them :thumbsup:
Jason thank you for this most awesome review! Many of our customers did the same thing first and made their way over to us once they were ready to get some good ones. So thank you very much for not only your business, but for taking the time to leave positive feedback about the products you've purchased. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
i wish i could run these in my cadenza... but i can't because the light housings are much more shallow in that than the optima. I have the stg1 LED lights... pretty bright tho

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i wish i could run these in my cadenza... but i can't because the light housings are much more shallow in that than the optima. I have the stg1 LED lights... pretty bright tho
Hey Ben, could you help me understand a little further on what you mean? The stage 2 bulbs are actually a little shorter in length than the stage 1 bulbs, so there shouldn't be any issues with fitment on your cadenza.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
127 Posts
I put these tag lights in and it definitely made a huge change to the way that the car looks and added some additional light while backing up at night. I would recommend these to anyone. They are well worth the money.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I put these tag lights in and it definitely made a huge change to the way that the car looks and added some additional light while backing up at night. I would recommend these to anyone. They are well worth the money.
Thank you for the feedback. I think this is one of the first mods to be done on the Optima. Looks great and is very easy to install.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
10 Posts
Comparison?

Does anyone have pictures of either of these so I can make an educated decision on which to purchase?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Does anyone have pictures of either of these so I can make an educated decision on which to purchase?
The stage 2 license plate bulbs on this page are the only ones we carry in stock. The reverse lights on this page have been temporarily discontinued.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts