Kia Optima Forums banner
641 - 660 of 694 Posts
sorry to bump but I know you guys would know the answer.

my new headlights the switchback LED's won't "work". seems the bulb connector is a single prong vs dual light my old ones.

which/how can I get my switch backs to work now? Or do I need a newer version?

Discussion starter · #642 ·
sorry to bump but I know you guys would know the answer.

my new headlights the switchback LED's won't "work". seems the bulb connector is a single prong vs dual light my old ones.

which/how can I get my switch backs to work now? Or do I need a newer version?
I think you figured out the answer to this already. However just so others know, the LED switchbacks are not compatible on the 2013 SX-L models. They are also not compatible on the 2014 & 2015 models that come with the LED strips in the headlights.

Anybody have the old version of these and have one die?
One of mine is dead, so I put the amber bulbs back in. It sounds funny when shaked, like a maraca.
If anyone has a live one just hanging around, I'll pay shipping to clear your shelf.
Not intererested in popping another $50+ on swichbacks...I thought leds were supposed to last a long time.
Not knocking k5 store, the early supplier must have provided crap.

Discussion starter · #644 ·
One of mine is dead, so I put the amber bulbs back in. It sounds funny when shaked, like a maraca.
If anyone has a live one just hanging around, I'll pay shipping to clear your shelf.
Not intererested in popping another $50+ on swichbacks...I thought leds were supposed to last a long time.
When you say old version, are you referring to the ones we sold through iJdmtoy last year?

LED chips themselves, last a very long time. However the bulb that houses the LED chips are not all created the same. Some are more cheaply designed than others. Also if you ordered switchbacks from us not through iJdmtoy, we would cover you under a 1 year warranty, so there would be no need for you to spend more money on a new set.

Please send me an email to Sales@K5OptimaStore.com and I'd be happy to look up your order information and see if there is anything I can do to help out.

PM sent. Maybe I am covered since I bought from you and had problems before 1 year was up?

This still applies...anyone?

OK, just installed mine and one does not work right. So I swapped them and now the other side does not work right. My resistor install is correct, but one led is bad.
Please send another pair so at least one will be good...it looks kind of silly for now.
Edit; readers, don't take this as negative feedback, sometimes stuff happens. I'm looking forward to the new appearance this will provide.
I actually had issues with these from the first day...maybe it should have been negative feedback.
I hope this post does not get removed also...

Discussion starter · #649 ·
This still applies...anyone?
I actually had issues with these from the first day...maybe it should have been negative feedback.
I hope this post does not get removed also...
Your post above has been restored. The reason it was removed is because this is a Vendor [FS] thread, you were asking members if they had a spare bulb you could buy. (The version you have from iJdmtoy, we stopped selling back in June of last year) I think maybe you could start a new thread asking members if they had any of the iJdmtoy switchbacks left over they could help you out with. We have not sold iJdmtoy products or carried anything they sell in over 14-15 months due to the poor quality, short warranty timeframes, and all around shady business practices. Everything we sell on our site includes a full 1 year warranty. I apologize if I offended you by initially removing your post, I did not feel it was in the right place in this Vendor [FS] Thread.

Yes, it began that way. But after learning of the short warranty I reposted my issues when I first installed them and they did not work correctly. This was probably an indicator of impending failure. They also malfuntioned before the one failed completely. I am now hoping that this latest repost of my first experience will qualify for some goodwill replacement effort on your part.
Cheers.

Discussion starter · #651 ·
Yes, it began that way. But after learning of the short warranty I reposted my issues when I first installed them and they did not work correctly. This was probably an indicator of impending failure. They also malfuntioned before the one failed completely. I am now hoping that this latest repost of my first experience will qualify for some goodwill replacement effort on your part.
Cheers.
I'm sorry, but as mentioned, we do not sell their products and have not carried them for well over a year now. They offered only a 90 day warranty, you purchased these over 15 months ago. I apologize, but we are unable to offer any sort of replacement for these bulbs, as we do not carry their products and could not replace a bulb for you even if we wanted too. I have however offered you a nice discount on a new set that we do sell that is covered under a 1 year warranty. Please feel free to email or PM me if you're interested in taking me up on this offer.

Cheers.
Take him up on the discounted offer... you get a new 1 year warranty and a discount. That's more than almost any company out there will do for you. 15 months is a long time to go for expecting a warranty replacement on a set of LED bulbs. I realize you said you had initial issues... should have returned them for replacement at that time for warranty coverage.

If you are not wanting to drop another $50+ on bulbs (which I understand and am not judging you for)... order them from Ebay. You won't get the same sort of warranty service as you would with David, but they would cost you significantly less money.

Discussion starter · #653 ·
Take him up on the discounted offer... you get a new 1 year warranty and a discount. That's more than almost any company out there will do for you. 15 months is a long time to go for expecting a warranty replacement on a set of LED bulbs. I realize you said you had initial issues... should have returned them for replacement at that time for warranty coverage.

If you are not wanting to drop another $50+ on bulbs (which I understand and am not judging you for)... order them from Ebay. You won't get the same sort of warranty service as you would with David, but they would cost you significantly less money.
Thanks for your response Joseph.

Glad you're happy. I bought some of these "new and improved" LED 5000k switchbacks (yours look more like 6000-7000k) recently from ExLED.

They look fine while driving, except that when I drove around with my stock halogens, I could see them reflected back while sitting in traffic, from the backs of most cars and trucks, while sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change.

With the switchbacks, I can BARELY see the white reflected back at me, and can almost never see the blinking amber. I might be jumping to premature conclusions here, but that leads me to at least SUSPECT, that the aftermarket LED switchbacks are not nearly even as bright as even the lame OEM halogens, which cost nothing once you pay for the car.

these are the 6000k from K5os.. I have not driven anywhwere with these yet but they seem very bright and will be seen easily

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

here is a video of switchbacks

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Discussion starter · #659 ·
I just finished installing these switchbacks and I could not be happier.. here is a pic of the finished product.. I would recommend these to anyone.. very easy 15 minute install..
Looks great, the camera is making them look much bluer then they are though.

Glad you're happy. I bought some of these "new and improved" LED 5000k switchbacks (yours look more like 6000-7000k) recently from ExLED.

They look fine while driving, except that when I drove around with my stock halogens, I could see them reflected back while sitting in traffic, from the backs of most cars and trucks, while sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change.

With the switchbacks, I can BARELY see the white reflected back at me, and can almost never see the blinking amber. I might be jumping to premature conclusions here, but that leads me to at least SUSPECT, that the aftermarket LED switchbacks are not nearly even as bright as even the lame OEM halogens, which cost nothing once you pay for the car.
I have said this before and I will mention it again here. We also sell the exLED power LED switchbacks on our site. They are brighter LEDs by far then the much cheaper priced ones we sell. However once installed in the vehicle, the light output is about the same as the store brand version we sell at almost half the price. Both versions of the LEDs switchbacks we sell are brighter then the OEM stock bulbs.

these are the 6000k from K5os.. I have not driven anywhwere with these yet but they seem very bright and will be seen easily

here is a video of switchbacks:

This is a great video and a true representation of the color of the bulbs and brightness. Thank you for posting it up.

Discussion starter · #660 ·
641 - 660 of 694 Posts