Kia Optima Forums banner

401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Just bought these from the K5 Optima Store, but haven't installed yet.
Thank you for your order with us!

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
You're very welcome.

Are there any tricks to have your car think it's in reverse so you can see them from behind after install?
I did it a few times just to see after installed and I remember leaving it in reverse and pull your hand brake. Just make sure you do it on a flat pavement because you'll be relying on the hand brake to hold your car still lol. Either that or I left it in reverse and shut off the power then I turn on just the ACC, dont remember which method but one of these definitely works. GL.
Yep, I would just put the vehicle in ACC mode without the engine running, set the parking brake and then you can walk out to the back and check them out. This is what we've always done to test them out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Installed these in about 10 minutes - VERY easy install on my 2014 SXL. Since the CREE LEDs are a longer than the OEM bulbs, the only tricky part is maneuvering/angling them to fit into the opening due to lack of slack on the stock wiring harness. Output is great though, and of course David @ K5OS is the man!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ordered me a set of these last night. Can't wait to install them. David at the K5 store was super helpful in getting me exactly what I needed. Responses were very prompt and informative. Thanks again!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ordered me a set of these last night. Can't wait to install them. David at the K5 store was super helpful in getting me exactly what I needed. Responses were very prompt and informative. Thanks again!

I plan to order of set of these in a few weeks. Let us know how your install experience went & post some pics after you installed them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I plan to order of set of these in a few weeks. Let us know how your install experience went & post some pics after you installed them.
Will do for sure.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Installed these in about 10 minutes - VERY easy install on my 2014 SXL. Since the CREE LEDs are a longer than the OEM bulbs, the only tricky part is maneuvering/angling them to fit into the opening due to lack of slack on the stock wiring harness. Output is great though, and of course David @ K5OS is the man!

Wow, you really do take some fantastic photos. Thank you for your business and once again for posting high definition photos of the product install.

Thank you for your order as well! Also for the feedback. :)

Also you can find tons of reviews and feedback in this thread here. I know there is a lot of pages but if you look through it, you can see great quality photos as well as tons of reviews. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone put these on a multimeter to see how much wattage they are actually using? I know that 50W is the maximum rating of the LED chips but at 12V this is over 4A, which would make me start to worry about safety and voltage drop on those tiny wires going to this bulb. These CREE LEDs are supposed to be better than 100 lm/W so with these being 750 lm I would expect about 7W of actual power being used. Still this would be many time brighter than the OEM bulbs. Just wondering.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Has anyone put these on a multimeter to see how much wattage they are actually using? I know that 50W is the maximum rating of the LED chips but at 12V this is over 4A, which would make me start to worry about safety and voltage drop on those tiny wires going to this bulb. These CREE LEDs are supposed to be better than 100 lm/W so with these being 750 lm I would expect about 7W of actual power being used. Still this would be many time brighter than the OEM bulbs. Just wondering.
Honestly I don't think anyone has put these on a multimeter to see how much wattage they are actually using. They are definitely much brighter than the OEM bulbs by far. However I do not think anyone has ever really been inclined to measure the actual wattage of the bulbs. There is absolutely nothing to be concerned about as far as safety goes. We've been selling this product for several years now and have never had any issues other than a defective bulb here and there.

I also run these bulbs on my own Kia vehicle as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a LX and I am thinking about getting 50W CREE LED Reverse Lights. LED taillights have larger clear area and hence these LED's work great. I obtained these pics from this forum.

Do we have similar images for non-LED taillights with 50 W CREE Reverse LED Lights ? TIA.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I have a LX and I am thinking about getting 50W CREE LED Reverse Lights. LED taillights have larger clear area and hence these LED's work great. I obtained these pics from this forum.

Do we have similar images for non-LED taillights with 50 W CREE Reverse LED Lights ? TIA.
There are over 2 dozen images in this thread of these installed on customers rides. I'm sure somewhere in here there is one or two pics of these installed on the non LED tails.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Just completed this install myself (2012 SX) to install the K5OS 50W Cree LED reverse lamps.

Do test each install before you button it all back up to ensure the lamps light correctly (50% chance of reversing them I think, then they don't light correctly although they are not defective - it's just the way LED lamps work - like a Diode).

Results: I can see a better, brighter image in the OEM backup camera and in tight spaces where the light bounces off the walls better. Worth the $$$ in my opinion and they should last the life of the car (Cree LED quality).

Install DIY:
http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/64-diy-appearance-body-modifications/12563-install-reverse-lights.html

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Just completed this install myself (2012 SX) to install the K5OS 50W Cree LED reverse lamps.

Do test each install before you button it all back up to ensure the lamps light correctly (50% chance of reversing them I think, then they don't light correctly although they are not defective - it's just the way LED lamps work - like a Diode).

Results: I can see a better, brighter image in the OEM backup camera and in tight spaces where the light bounces off the walls better. Worth the $$$ in my opinion and they should last the life of the car (Cree LED quality).

Install DIY:
http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/64-diy-appearance-body-modifications/12563-install-reverse-lights.html
Thank you for the detailed review on this product.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Super easy install. Had these in for about a month now. Really makes seeing in my back up camera at night a whole lot clearer. Will post a pick this week. Tinting the tail lights Fri but keeping the clear part of the lenses untinted.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Super easy install. Had these in for about a month now. Really makes seeing in my back up camera at night a whole lot clearer. Will post a pick this week. Tinting the tail lights Fri but keeping the clear part of the lenses untinted.
Thank you for sharing this Michael, any chance you can snap a photo for us when you have a chance?

401 - 418 of 418 Posts