Kia Optima Forums banner
381 - 400 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone taken a good picture in the middle of the night with the reverse camera in action? Would like to see how the camera reacts to the extremely bright reverse lights

·
Registered
2014 Optima EX
9 Posts
i know these look brighter when looking at the them, but these lights make the backside brighter? the reason i ask is i just had tint added to my car and its a little hard to see at night. can barely tell the reverse lights are on. Will these help with this?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
i know these look brighter when looking at the them, but these lights make the backside brighter? the reason i ask is i just had tint added to my car and its a little hard to see at night. can barely tell the reverse lights are on. Will these help with this?
Yes these 100% will light up the back of the vehicle much better than stock. I just went through over 400 posts in this thread and quoted all of the members who posted images of their Optima showing the light output from the back. A few extra in there as well.

These will absolutely help you see behind the vehicle with tinted windows. I have these installed in my new K900 as well.

Here you go, just took it tonight.
Fast shipping, easy to install, overall a great buy! Thanks David. Wanted to throw my pics up as more comparison for those considering these! View attachment 39017 View attachment 39025
I just installed the new 50 watt LED reverse bulbs from the K5 optima store.... and here are a few pics of the LED vs the OEM bulb in my EX optima.
Pic 1 Left = OEM bulb, Right = LED bulb
View attachment 49530

Pic 2 Trunk lid flipped up open showing brightness on the garage ceiling. Left = OEM bulb, Right = LED bulb
View attachment 49522
I just got these installed and they're great. Compared to V-leds I had in there... they're brighter and throws better.

In all pictures... Driver side(left) 50watt Cree and Passenger (right) V-leds.

It's kinda hard to tell from the picture but cree bulbs appear slightly brighter in taillight housing. But these cree bulbs throws lot more useful light b/c of their projector design. You can def see the difference when you look at the floor in some of the pictures below.

IMG_0411 by LouKango, on Flickr

IMG_0409 by LouKango, on Flickr

IMG_0413 by LouKango, on Flickr

Here you can tell that Cree is throwing more intense light.

IMG_0414 by LouKango, on Flickr

and this is what I see on my back up camera. Very pleased.

IMG_0415 by LouKango, on Flickr

IMG_0406 by LouKango, on Flickr

The vleds bulbs that I had in there were great considering they're from 2009 and went through 2 different cars before my optima but these new bulb are much more useful. Now I'm using these vleds for interior and they're ridiculous. Too bright but I like it.

EDIT: Sorry I couldn't do stock bulbs vs cree bulbs comparison. I couldnt find those stock bulbs,
Just wanted to show my reverse headlights... I mean 50 watt reverse lights. They are bright.

This is the reverse lights with the breaks being pressed

This is the reverse lights with the parking lights

This is the reverse lights only.
Here is a pic sent by one of my Sonata customers, night and day difference over stock:

Just for a comparison, here's a picture of the stock reverse light:

And here's the new 50W Cree LED reverse light:

The pictures don't do the brightness justice. They never do. But you can definitely see the color difference between the two. And they are, indeed, very bright!

Here's a shot of both:

And here are some closeups:

Very pretty! Thanks again, David!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,499 Posts
Those are amazing pictures David. Thanks for taking the time to go through over 400 posts (yikes) to post these for the group. You didn't have anything else going on this evening did you! :D

·
Registered
2014 Optima EX
9 Posts
thanks for the amazing post. i went through the first couple pages and didnt see much for how bright it was looking back. ill be making a purchase here in the next few days. thanks for your help!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Those are amazing pictures David. Thanks for taking the time to go through over 400 posts (yikes) to post these for the group. You didn't have anything else going on this evening did you! :D
I think so too! Thanks to all of the forum members who took them and shared them in our thread here. Haha nope never! :cool:

thanks for the amazing post. i went through the first couple pages and didnt see much for how bright it was looking back. ill be making a purchase here in the next few days. thanks for your help!
You're very welcome. No problem at all, when there is over 400 posts it can be difficult to see everything. Thank you for your business with us! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima EX
172 Posts
50 Watt CREE LED (194) Reverse Lights Question

To replace my stock reverse lights I know I will need to remove the trunk lid cover. My question is, will I also need to take the tail light assemblies out in order to access the bulb sockets?

2015 Optima EX

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
50 Watt CREE LED (194) Reverse Lights Question

To replace my stock reverse lights I know I will need to remove the trunk lid cover. My question is, will I also need to take the tail light assemblies out in order to access the bulb sockets?

2015 Optima EX
Hello there, yes that is correct. Two of the four taillight housings need to be slightly lifted up to gain access to the reverse light bulbs. You can see the DIY installation guide on our website using the link below:

K5 Optima Store - DIY Install Guides and Links

I believe it is the fifth one down.

Installation of the reverse lights is very straightforward, if you need any assistance or have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
83 Posts
Hello there, yes that is correct. Two of the four taillight housings need to be slightly lifted up to gain access to the reverse light bulbs. You can see the DIY installation guide on our website using the link below:

K5 Optima Store - DIY Install Guides and Links

I believe it is the fifth one down.

Installation of the reverse lights is very straightforward, if you need any assistance or have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Just bought these from the K5 Optima Store, but haven't installed yet. Couple of questions... Does it matter that the OEM bulbs are rated at only 16 watts on my 2015 SXL and these are 50 watts? Will they try to draw too much power and cause any electrical/fuse problems? Has anyone installed these on a 2015? Do you still have to remove the taillight housing on a 2015? Also, pics of a 2014 or 2015 would be great to see.

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,803 Posts
Just bought these from the K5 Optima Store, but haven't installed yet. Couple of questions... Does it matter that the OEM bulbs are rated at only 16 watts on my 2015 SXL and these are 50 watts? Will they try to draw too much power and cause any electrical/fuse problems? Has anyone installed these on a 2015? Do you still have to remove the taillight housing on a 2015? Also, pics of a 2014 or 2015 would be great to see.
LEDs are rated differently than halogens so they won't draw too much power. You won't have any problems electrically or fuse wise. They will draw less power actually. Removing the taillight isn't difficult and the result will be worth it.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
83 Posts
LEDs are rated differently than halogens so they won't draw too much power. You won't have any problems electrically or fuse wise. They will draw less power actually. Removing the taillight isn't difficult and the result will be worth it.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Are there any tricks to have your car think it's in reverse so you can see them from behind after install?

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Are there any tricks to have your car think it's in reverse so you can see them from behind after install?
I did it a few times just to see after installed and I remember leaving it in reverse and pull your hand brake. Just make sure you do it on a flat pavement because you'll be relying on the hand brake to hold your car still lol. Either that or I left it in reverse and shut off the power then I turn on just the ACC, dont remember which method but one of these definitely works. GL.

381 - 400 of 417 Posts