Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ahhh... just got married a week ago and we might have our first fight as a married couple b/c of you sick.
I already have v-leds 921(i think) 8watt bulbs. Do you think this is brighter?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm more interested in if it helps visibility through the rear camera so if it does, then I'd buy. I know the other LEDs don't help much, but since these are new led technology, I'm hoping they will.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So, I have to be the jerk. But leds have crazy long lifespans... How come only a 90 day warranty? 50 dollar reverse lights with only a 3 month warranty? Otherwise I'd totally be in on this. I've bought other stuff from Sick, so don't think I'm implying anything... just saying
You're not being a jerk at all. This is a very good question! The bottom line is at the cost I am offering this for, my warranty is only 90 days. These LEDs tend to last very long several years even, however if there are issues with them we tend to notice them with LED's within the first month or so. Most manufacturers only offer a 30 or 90 day warranty or they charge through the roof for their LED bulbs to makeup for the extra warranty period.

I just would like to see how they fit in the reverse housing first and a few pics of some night time shots to check out the illumination before a purchase is made. Thanks Sick!
No problem at all, this is why I have an interested list and a paid list. I will add you to the interested list

Hi Sick, can u PM me for a pair with shipping to my address in Canada please. Just to see how much it'll cost with shipping. Thks Sick.
Shipping to Canada is a flat rate of $20 to ship USPS priority international mail. Just sent you a PM.

Ahhh... just got married a week ago and we might have our first fight as a married couple b/c of you sick.
I already have v-leds 921(i think) 8watt bulbs. Do you think this is brighter?
Congratulations on your marriage! Sorry about that don't mean to make you guys fight. I believe that these will be much brighter because these have 20 Watts versus the existing 8 Watt bulbs you have now.

I'm more interested in if it helps visibility through the rear camera so if it does, then I'd buy. I know the other LEDs don't help much, but since these are new led technology, I'm hoping they will.
I agree 100%! I believe these will definitely improve the visibility through the rear camera because these are the newest LED technology. If you check these out on the research page, these are not 5050 LEDs they're not even 5630 LEDs, these do not have a number as these are the latest and greatest LEDs available. They are CREE X Lamp XP-G.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can you put me on the list as 'seriously interested' and am I able to issue payment upon shipment?
I will put you on the seriously interested list, however payment will needed to be made before the item ships.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The more I read about the new LED technology the more I want the postman to bring me a packaged addressed from SickBMW!!!! HURRY UP!!! LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sick, I havent even installed the LED Switchbacks yet and im seriously considering these. Would i have any bulb sizes issues with my 2011 LX? I only ask because the dealer still refuses to give me an owners manual so i would want to make sure before payment.

Thanks, oh and place me on "seriously interested" if they fit!

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima SX
1,356 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sick, I havent even installed the LED Switchbacks yet and im seriously considering these. Would i have any bulb sizes issues with my 2011 LX? I only ask because the dealer still refuses to give me an owners manual so i would want to make sure before payment.

You can get a digital view of your owner's manual at Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America Click the tab that says "Owners" then click mykia. Create an account and you will be able to view owner's manuals and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
ahh F*** it... payment sent :D
There yah go! Good call!!! Got it thanks. ;)

Haha,
There ya go Jhall520. Glad you signed on. These lights should be awesome.
Yea I'm hoping so.. lol
Oh they're definitely gonna be awesome!!

The more I read about the new LED technology the more I want the postman to bring me a packaged addressed from SickBMW!!!! HURRY UP!!! LOL
Isn't technology exciting sometimes! I can't wait either!! :)

Currently have two LED purchases from Sick that I'm now waiting on.. :hmpf: lol
LOL both are preorders! Haha very soon my friend! :cool:

Payment sent! Thanks man! :thumbsup:
Got it thank you sir.

I can't see any reason why they would fit any differently on your Optima. It should fit without any issues! I will add you to the seriously interested list

Seriously interested. Add meeee!
Done! ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just sent payment....again. Thanks for looking out for the Optima Forum!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone know how many lumens the stock bulbs are? I'm interested too but would like to know roughly how much brighter they are. I currently have a 32 led bulb (I think) in my reverse light housing which isn't too bright.

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
If I get these from you can you save me the shipping and bring them to the meet this Sunday? Also are you gonna have them installed on yours by meet time? lol BTW mines a 12 LX so fitment should be good right?

21 - 40 of 417 Posts