Kia Optima Forums banner
361 - 380 of 417 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Can anyone tell me, I just installed the 80 watt CREE's, what is the purpose of the reflector in front of the fog light? Isnt that only helpful if we are using the lights for fog lights, which these really dont do, to relfect the light in different directions? If you removed that, would the fogs be brighter on the ground in front of you? I understand its mostly a mod for looks...advice?
Hello there. This is the 50 Watt CREE reverse light LED thread. This here is the CREE LED Fog Light thread. However I do not mind helping out here, just wanted you to know.

You are dead on with why they are in place there to begin with. I'm not really sure how they would look if one were to remove the piece that sits in front of the bulb. If you try it though, be sure to post up many pics.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
I received my set of outer 1156 reverse bulbs to have the complete 4 lamp reverse look. Thanks for the great prompt service K5OS. I should have these installed soon with a full review with the Hybrid Taillamps I received as well :cool:!!
Glad you got them and installed them. Post up some pics so others can see your 4 different reverse light bulbs! :grin: I'm running (4) 50 watt bulbs in mine!

·
Registered
2013 Hybrid KOH
264 Posts
Got mine ordered and already showing shipped out. Thanks again for the great service and deal!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
Got mine ordered and already showing shipped out. Thanks again for the great service and deal!!
Thank you for your order good sir. Yes sir this was shipped out within only an hour from when you ordered. ;)

Should be arriving to you tomorrow or the following day. Thank you for your business.

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX-T
706 Posts
I just installed mine today.

I removed my 68 SMD LED Reverse lights and put these in their place. I was pretty happy with the 68 SMD LED's, but more for the color and not so much the light output.

Now that I've installed the 50 watt Cree's, I have the best of both worlds. Now I have the same color as before, but I have MUCH more light output than before.

I took the furst photo during the day, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the photo being skewed due to the darkness.

The drivers side bulb is the CREE bulb and the passengers side is the 68 SMD LED bulb.

You can see an obvious difference in the light output in this picture. Just imagine how much more noticeable it is during the nighttime.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Mid-size car

Thanks a TON!

EDIT::: Here's some night shots with both CREE's installed. SUPER BRIGHT!!!

Asphalt Vehicle door Road surface Mode of transport Lighting

Car Lighting Vehicle Mid-size car Automotive lighting

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
I just installed mine today.

I removed my 68 SMD LED Reverse lights and put these in their place. I was pretty happy with the 68 SMD LED's, but more for the color and not so much the light output.

Now that I've installed the 50 watt Cree's, I have the best of both worlds. Now I have the same color as before, but I have MUCH more light output than before.

I took the furst photo during the day, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the photo being skewed due to the darkness.

The drivers side bulb is the CREE bulb and the passengers side is the 68 SMD LED bulb.

You can see an obvious difference in the light output in this picture. Just imagine how much more noticeable it is during the nighttime.

View attachment 93481

Thanks a TON!

EDIT::: Here's some night shots with both CREE's installed. SUPER BRIGHT!!!

View attachment 93497

View attachment 93505
Bonswa man thank you so much for these pics! These really help to capture the brightness of these bad boys. I need to bring in a professional photgrapher to take some shot for me to upload to the site. Thank you again for not only your order but for posting up these awesome shots.

^^ Similar here where I upgraded from 20W to 50W and couldn't be any happier.
Yeah I did the same thing, upgraded from the 20w to the 50w. Didn't even expect to see a difference but was pretty surprised to see there was.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
Just received and installed these bad boys. 10x brighter than my old ones. Thanks David! The only thing better is your customer service! :)
Awesome!!! Glad you got them installed and are enjoying the brightness of them! I have these in my Optima and can tell you they are the brightest reverse lights I've seen out there.

Thank you for saying that Marco, I definitely try my best!

361 - 380 of 417 Posts