Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kia Optima Pearl White kia Kia Optima
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under the trunk edge there is a black rubber square. If I JENTLEY press the square I can feel some sort of switch inside. So whats it for?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
207 Posts
It's to open the trunk pretty counter intuitive If I would say so myself

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Under the trunk edge there is a black rubber square. If I JENTLEY press the square I can feel some sort of switch inside. So whats it for?
Truck opening...

Reactions: savageindian

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
145 Posts
Now you know it's not a good idea to kidnap someone in the trunk. They could open it from inside with ease. :blush:

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
547 Posts
When I bought my k5, it was for the fact that I could put at least 2 bodies in the trunk. I also hoped when they were put there that they wouldn't be able to get to the trunk release. Ever.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 170
2,114 Posts
Now you know it's not a good idea to kidnap someone in the trunk. They could open it from inside with ease. :blush:
When I bought my k5, it was for the fact that I could put at least 2 bodies in the trunk. I also hoped when they were put there that they wouldn't be able to get to the trunk release. Ever.
The OP is referring to the exterior switch located right above the licence plate. Since they do not own an Optima, they aren't familiar with it's features and functions.

If you have possession of the key fob, you simply press the button and it releases the trunk latch. No need to take the key out of your pocket.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
And here I thought it was for the trunk monkey option...;)

·
Registered
2013 K5
623 Posts
To be honest it took me a year and a half before i even new i had such a switch. The reason i found out is that my co worker also has an Optima and one day we were talking by my car and i had to get something from the trunk and he just happened to be standing right in front of it and he went and pressed the switch and i was like holy **** no way i was so happy LOL, so don't feel bad about your question JamesBond!!!!

·
Registered
2015 optima kia optima
16 Posts
To be honest it took me a year and a half before i even new i had such a switch. The reason i found out is that my co worker also has an Optima and one day we were talking by my car and i had to get something from the trunk and he just happened to be standing right in front of it and he went and pressed the switch and i was like holy **** no way i was so happy LOL, so don't feel bad about your question JamesBond!!!!
This is the same way I found out about it too..lol coworker has an optima and I seen him press it. I had to run over to my car and see if I had the same button and BAM!:shocked:

·
Premium Member
2014 Optima-Black
1,124 Posts
It took me a month after I got mine. I kept saying what was KIA thinking having to get the FOB out each time to open the trunk. One time i stuck my foot under the car to see if it had a sensor or something.

hanK5 - 1.5 years? :lol:

·
Registered
2013 K5
623 Posts
this is the same way i found out about it too..lol coworker has an optima and i seen him press it. I had to run over to my car and see if i had the same button and bam!:shocked:
lol!!!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

I took me a month after I got mine. I kept saying what was KIA thinking having to get the FOB out each time to open the trunk. One time i stuck my foot under the car to see if it had a sensor or something.

Yup, can you believe it :D

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima
91 Posts
I found mine about a week after we had the car... I saw when I was opening the trunk

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
629 Posts
It took me a month after I got mine. I kept saying what was KIA thinking having to get the FOB out each time to open the trunk.
One time i stuck my foot under the car to see if it had a sensor or something

Don't even need your foot now IF your car is Locked.
Just stand behind the trunk and 4 beeps later it's Open.
(Set-able in the Dash Tools section of (probably just) the SX Tech Pkg - Default is Off).
4-Beep Delay is logical so you can pass by the car's rear without opening the trunk every time.

·
Banned
2016 Chevy SS
1,215 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know (those of you that didn't know what the button was for), if you press the steering wheel square in the middle, it'll emit this "beeping" sound, that's called your horn..... :p

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
547 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know (those of you that didn't know what the button was for), if you press the steering wheel square in the middle, it'll emit this "beeping" sound, that's called your horn..... :p
Hmmmp? What? I think I can't grasp the jest of it. You press out on the center of the steering wheel? What side? Top, left, bottom or right?

·
Registered
2018 Kia optima
37 Posts
I'm lucky when we bought our 2015 EX, the salesman spent well over a hour showing us everything on the car. He lifted the hood and pointed out where things were etc. He took the time to program the radio to the station we listen to, set up my wifes cell phone...

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,495 Posts
i'm still laughing.
Hope you found your woman's g switch a little faster - and not after you're co-worker!
omg lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts