Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima SXL (Normandy SR2)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I didn't understand that initially. So I thought a tsb would warrant them fixing it. When they said no I didn't press the dealer. I called Kia cs to get clarification. It may have also been right time and right place to be honest, was the day before Christmas Eve. The rep immediately tried to see what can be done and the district manager is who ok'd the repair under their good will program since I have owned multiple Kia cars. Why it showed up on the receipt as warranty part I'm not sure. But I'm just glad it was taken care of.

Do you know how a tsb becomes a recall by chance tonester? Or does a tsb never truly become a recall unless a class action is passed? I'm just asking to understand since I really had no clue what the limits of a tsb are.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
7 Posts
Kia has a free replacement for the 2011-2013 headlamps in a letter that was published @ June this year.
I keep the letter in the glove box, but the car is at the dealership waiting for a new engine, so I don't have immediate access, but if you get in a jam, let me know and I can get it albeit 30 miles away, but always in the area.
Maybe you can save a few bucks!
Sorry I'm horrendously late to the thread, but does this apply to the LX models? I have a 2011 LX and the stock lowbeams SUCK. Would love to have a replacement for some brighter ones... if that's what they're doing

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
661 Posts
The TSB in question doesn't mention trim levels, only that the vehicle is an Optima built (the term they use here is "produced") from August 12, 2010 to December 12, 2013, which may be why they used the word "some" in the TSB--as in, "on some 2011-2013 MY Optima (TF, TF-HEV) vehicles", thus implying that not ALL 2011-2013 Optima vehicles are affected by this TSB or could possibly experience the condition described in the TSB.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
661 Posts
Kgoto--TBH I don't know the exact criteria but I would imagine that for an issue to become escalated to a recall there had to have been numerous (don't know the exact number) accounts of injury and/or death that could be blamed on the issue, or if the issue is a critical safety component--e.g., seatbelts or airbags.

·
Registered
2013 Optima SXL (Normandy SR2)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Kaysixwhy - Does your Kia have halogens or hid lights? To check, pop the bulb out and take a look. I would recommend replacing the bulbs anyway, especially if your issue is your low beams. You probably could use a new set considering it's a 2011 and it's 2020.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts