Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia SX Turbo
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my replacement HIDs in for ‘14 SX found the clip that holds them in, got passenger side I clipped but the build will not come out! I’ve tried taking out the whole assembly for better access with no success there. Battery is out also. I’m stuck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I'll bite - Are you talking about the clip that holds the bulb in? Or the bulb itself won't come out? They are super tight due to the plug being a bit short, but do come out.

If you check out the K5 Optima store they have a walkthrough on the HID bulb replacement.

·
Registered
2014 Kia SX Turbo
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll bite - Are you talking about the clip that holds the bulb in? Or the bulb itself won't come out? They are super tight due to the plug being a bit short, but do come out.

If you check out the K5 Optima store they have a walkthrough on the HID bulb replacement.
Yeah, the biggest problem was the clips themselves! After a lot of work at it using some screw drivers for leverage, elbow grease, cut fingers, I got it done. I might have to try to get the whole driver side housing out though, because looking at the light head on it looks like there is something in there blocking light. That’ll be another day. First I have to replace the brakes that have been sitting in my garage for over a month now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know the feeling - the driver side was much harder, but still did it without having to remove anything. Just have to be patient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts