Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia SX Turbo
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve drive a 2014 SX turbo, I feel that the headlights just aren’t bright enough. I did figure out how to aim them higher which might help on a non rainy night, but they still just aren’t very bright! Can they go bad? Can they be replaced with LED???

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
This is for 2011-2013, but call Kia and maybe they'll bend:
Read #10 post, our resident expert, Tonester has listed the TSB

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,739 Posts
The issue with the TSB and the inner reflector bowl failing only applies to the 2011-2013 Optima models, as far as I know. Don't think it affects the 14+ models.

The lifespan of a factory HID bulb is around 5-7 years. So it quite possible the OP is just starting to see the decline in lumen output 5 years later.

I would not recommend trying to install LEDs to replace the OEM HID bulbs. Instead, I would recommend going with a brighter, more powerful HID bulb setup to replace those.

We do carry the OSRAM XENARC 66140 CBI HID D1S Bulbs (which are 20% brighter than the stock bulbs you have now were, when you first got them)

These are also on sale until the end of the year, along with every other item on our site. Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.