Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Hope all is well. I was hoping you could point me to the correct headlight bulb for a 2014 optima sxl turbo. The dealer has informed me It is an HID with a part number of 18647-35006, and would cost over $300 however im getting so many options and conflicting information I’m just not sure what is correct. I’d appreciate any information you could provide and point me to a few options you’d recommend. Also it seems like there is a difference between the sx and the sxl Thanks so much. Frank

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Hey Frank, if you have an 14’ SXL then 100% you have HID stock and it uses D1S bulbs. Don’t buy it from the dealer as they’re a rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Thank you very much So any HID Dis will do?
Np, please only buy reputable bulbs and not those cheap ass Chinese crap. I’m a big fan of Osram HID bulbs and they’re not cheap depending on which type you buy. Osram CBI, CBB, CBH and CBA are my top 4 choices. I’ll see if I can get you a Youtube video from TRS for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much. I’ve taken off the windshield wiper reservoir and opened the cap. The bulb seems to be held on by a clamp of sorts. I can’t see any screws holding it. What’s the best way to remove this clap? Thank you

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
Consider taking a video and study how the clamp unlatches - you kind of push in and up on the folded handle part.

Here's a picture from a video I took when I replaced mine:. The handle part is on the left in this picture:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Sure, happy to help.

We have the same quality HID bulbs as factory for $74.95 including free shipping.

We also have a set of HID bulbs that are 20% brighter than stock, and are on sale for $179.95 including free shipping.

Both options are 100% plug & play for your 2014 Optima SX-L Turbo model, and I have linked them below to you on our site.

Morimoto XB HID D1S Bulbs - $74.95 for the paid of bulbs shipped

OSRAM XENARC 66140 CBI HID D1S Bulbs - $179.95 for the pair of bulbs shipped.

Both sets are in stock here in Los Angeles, CA and available to ship as soon as you order on our site.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions before ordering.

David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could u explain how you took the clamp off. I read that you push in and it releases but I tried for over 2 hours trying to get it off and didnt have any luck. I even tried prying it off. Thanks for any help.
I'm new to this forum and just figuring out how to use it, I finally realised to click on the link 🤦‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

1 - 14 of 14 Posts