Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please assist with my wiring up of a relay? I have dynamic flashing side mirror leds that operate with door lock/unlock, but want to power them off when I turn the car on (as they flash after turn signals).

My diagram is below. Is it correct? For some reason 87a and 30 is not supplying power when I connect my wires. I thought it was meant to be open always.
I know that this circuit is open and then closes when 86 and 85 are powered? Why would it not be getting power between 87a and 30? All my wiring is secure a d tested,
It’s just when I add the relay the power discontinues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
113 Posts
Can someone please assist with my wiring up of a relay? I have dynamic flashing side mirror leds that operate with door lock/unlock, but want to power them off when I turn the car on (as they flash after turn signals).

My diagram is below. Is it correct? For some reason 87a and 30 is not supplying power when I connect my wires. I thought it was meant to be open always.
I know that this circuit is open and then closes when 86 and 85 are powered? Why would it not be getting power between 87a and 30? All my wiring is secure a d tested,
85 ground
86 trigger
30 source
87 output

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve tried both 87a and 87 as the source and no power is getting through. Shouldn’t one of these work with 30 to the source even before connecting 85/86?
Unless I have done something wrong completely. This is my first attempt at a relay and it is a 30amp 12v relay

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
113 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve tried both 87a and 87 as the source and no power is getting through. Shouldn’t one of these work with 30 to the source even before connecting 85/86?
Unless I have done something wrong completely. This is my first attempt at a relay and it is a 30amp 12v relay
with ground to 85 and 12v trigger to 86 you should hear and feel it click i believe and if not your relay is bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Send me an email at [email protected] and I can get you the professional colour coded wiring diagrams if you’d like

1 - 6 of 6 Posts