Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched everywhere for anything on dashboard removal or access into the a/c vents with no luck. My wife somehow managed to break off my high school tassel (from 1999) and a dog tag style chain from the mirror and they fell into the defrost vent. Now the defrost vent is stuck open and won't switch to the normal vents. Only defrost is always open and the floor will open. I tried moving the blend for actuator on the driver's side and it's definitely stuck open and only moves a little then starts clicking. I've already pulled off all trim on the driver's side and center with no luck into the vents. There was some of my tassel hanging out in the vent left of the radio that I pulled out. I can't see anything down in the defrost looking down from outside the windshield. I haven't tried getting in the passenger side yet and dropping the blower motor. Anyone got any other suggestions or tips on disassembling the dashboard or getting inside the a/c vents?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
344 Posts
Have you looked thru the Kia service guides? They've got high level guides to removing various items in vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked thru the Kia service guides? They've got high level guides to removing various items in vehicle.
No I haven't? Where can I find the guidelines? I did just talk to a tech and he was saying I'd have to pull the whole dash apart.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
344 Posts
That is what I would imagine. Looking thru youtube, i found this, not sure if the guy really knows what he's talking about but maybe:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I used that video already. Getting that module off to access it is much more a pain than they make it look too lol. Idk, guess I'm gonna drop the blower motor, and if that doesn't work I'll just take apart the whole dash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts