Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched through the forum and found people saying that the little button under the hood won’t cause them to flash. But my little button is still there and is being pressed when I shut the hood. So that’s not the issue.

all the doors are being properly locked. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? A fuse that might have blown? Or is it possible the hood is not going all the way down?
I installed some DRL’s that sit just on top of the headlights, could that be stopping the hood from being down; but I’ve also held the hood button and tried to lock the car and it still won’t flash. Please help!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is the option for the lights to flash on? Press the start button to start the car, your cluster will come on. press the trip button holding it for two seconds the user settings menu will come up In your odometer area. Using the trip button to scroll down to Vehicle Option press the reset button to select, now scroll down to horn feedback and turn on. Hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the option for the lights to flash on? Press the start button to start the car, your cluster will come on. press the trip button holding it for two seconds the user settings menu will come up In your odometer area. Using the trip button to scroll down to Vehicle Option press the reset button to select, now scroll down to horn feedback and turn on. Hope this helps
thank you. Yep it’s definitely on. I might check the hood sensor. Could that go bad?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
thank you. Yep it’s definitely on. I might check the hood sensor. Could that go bad?
Does the hood-open indicator light up on the IPC when the hood is open or otherwise not fully closed? I'm presuming that non-U.S. Optimas have that indicator as well...but in any case, yes a hood switch can go bad or otherwise be faulty...or it could be the hood switch wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts