Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima 2011 Kia Optima EX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to get into engineering mode in our navigation? There's been a work-around for wireless Android auto. We just need to get to engineering mode and install some Android apps.
Kia optima 2016 SXL with no luck this far on getting into engineer mode ☹

Jano0000 user on xda was able to do it to his Kia Sorento with headunit reloaded 5.0 and a WiFi hotspot app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, try the method in this video:

Have you or any one else gotten wireless Android Auto to work on the 2016 Optima?

Also, have you updated your MapnSoft firmware to the latest one (Came out in May 2020)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try this method later on my break! I hope this will work for the 16 Optima. Is the upgrade free? At dealership or just download online?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to get into engineering mode via 5 tap left 1 tap right method on a different screen, but it's completely different from what most of the video show. Half of my developers mode is in korean so I used google lens app to do translation. no option to install apps. So no, i was not able to get wireless android auto via headunit reloaded app. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was able to get into engineering mode via 5 tap left 1 tap right method on a different screen, but it's completely different from what most of the video show. Half of my developers mode is in korean so I used google lens app to do translation. no option to install apps. So no, i was not able to get wireless android auto via headunit reloaded app. :(
Yep, same thing happened to me. No Android Settings available on Canadian 2016 SX Optima.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts