Kia Optima Forums banner

HELP! boost control sensor? 2012

40K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  DannyD 
#1 ·
hey guys recently my check engine light came on and my car started running really funny, it has no power what so ever, its almost as if its running naturally aspirated like without the turbo.

anyways I ran the check engine light and it only threw one code, witch is the boost control sensor.

Now, I was wondering if anybody could point in the direction. of this sensor. I don't know were its located. A picture would be even better lol

thanks

#3 ·
#18 ·
#5 ·
.....you sir have a electric wastegate actuator out of range. Depending on your milage your dealer may fix it for free if not most dealre charge about $250 for this fix and the car must be left there overnight. If you are savvy enough search this forum for "wastegate adjustment" and there is a how to on doing it yourself.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/2...-turbo-charged-optima-power-loss-problem.html

here you go. I'm surprised it took two hours to get your answer.... activity on this forum has gone down by a crazy amount. if you frequent Facebook you might want to look for this group...."Korean automotive tuning association" there is lots of knowledgeable people in that group and if you need help you can get answers in minutes.

#6 ·
thanks guys, the code is p2562. I'm trying to get it done myself because the dealers in my area are out about 2 weeks for service. and also because I don't want them saying anything about my aftermarket intake, nor do I feel like changing it.and the last 3 times i tokm ny car into the dealer i recieved very poor customer service.I'm pretty mechanichly inclined so I'm sure with this info I should be able to figure it out.I'm defiantly going to look into the wastegate just in case but i dont thinkthe code suggest anything to do with the wastegate. I already checked for vacuum and boost leaks as well

#9 ·
Yeah that's your wastegate adjustment issue. I haven't done one in a long time now but relatively easy. It's recommended to do it on a stone cold engine though. If it did turn out to be that boost sensor on the intake as shown you would be throwing a p0106 i believe for manifold pressure. I've done one of those a few years ago.

#10 ·
so I checked out the link above about the wastegate issue and I think that's what it is, before it would do it every so often and if I restarted the car it would be fine, but now that the check engine light is on the problem no longer goes away with an engine restart

#11 ·
So everyone I have a 2013 sx I've adjusted that wastegate rod about 8 or 9 times now, finally it didnt it again so I took it to the dealer they told me to replace it, so I left it overnight for them to put it, but on my way there I threw another code for the boost sensor crapping out, it's the sensor located on the intake side of the charge pipe to the throttle body. So guess I'm just saying my Sx is at 298362 miles and I'm finally replacing it. Lol
Love my SX.
Hopefully they get it right.

#13 ·
Yes got the engine replaced at 124603. Only the short block everyone here thinks you get a new motor , you only get the head and block so it's really not a new complete motor. Your turbo,intake, injectors etc are all from the original motor.
I oil change every 5000 miles , I tranny flush every 55000 miles I coolant flush every year. I brake flush every year I change my brake pads regardless every 3 to 4 months (lifetime warrenty free replacement)
Front end alignment every 6 months tires rotated every 4000 miles. Yes I maintain the **** out of her. But I will get 500000 I guarantee it.
And I'm buying the 2021 K5 GT Awd

#14 ·
Oh yeah oops so I got the new actuator installed, part cost 225 on HORNE kia web page and the boost sensor. They did an ok job. The boost is back I'm not sure what they set the voltage at bit I'm thinking its prob about 3.8 to 3.9 because that's were they constantly set it, well I'll tell you it's not enough. Its hesitant to open up. When I go and set it myself to 4.21 to 4.23 this thing becomes a beast !! So I'll let you know after I get back into it.

#16 ·
Ok so I have a 2015 sxl and my car keeps throwing the turbo boost sensor .i have had 2 Watergate replaced and one just this past week went to pick it up and this morning it threw the code again .alao had a new turbo put in 3 weeks ago .its going back to the mechanic at kia sat morning.this has been ongoing and I'm so sick of it .anyone have any clue why or whata going on ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.