Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My name is André and I live in Belgium. My car is a Kia Optima 1.7 CRDi, Diesel (which is the only diesel engine I know it exists for this car) from 2016. That is when I bought it and I love the car. Very comfortable on long journeys, which happen often. So far, it has around 83,900km in. The reason why I am joining this forum is to look for tips and advice.

If you have the time, I would like to know what are my possibilities regarding tuning and performance aftermarket parts for this specific vehicle. I looked all over the internet but I do not find much except chiptuning.

I do all the maintenances on time and keep myself a close eye on all I can do around the car. Recently installed a dash cam because... Belgium. :D

I do not want to do anything before knowing all the ins and outs of any modification and I think this is the place to gain such knowledge.

Thank you everyone! Of course, If someone has any questions about my car, feel free to ask :)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
Welcome and you might have a difficult time getting some ideas from personal experience as there was no Diesel available here in the US, but maybe others having a diesel Optima will chime in.
I know the gasoline turbo engine benefits fron the ecu upgrade as all facets of engine parameters are tweaked for best performance/drive-ability.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,739 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on picking up your 2016 Kia Optima.

I wish I could recommend some aftermarket performance parts to you.

However, I am not aware of any parts designed to fit on the diesel engine Optima model.

Hope to see you around the forum.

-David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.