Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018, 2012 Kia Optima
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 EX heating system is giving me fits.The heater modes all seem to be functioning properly but the air is hardly blowing thru the vents. The blower motor is working correctly as I can hear the speeds increasing and the air is moving, although slightly thru the proper vents. The same thing is happening with the AC. Is there one particular blend door that is not functioning correctly that would affect all the other vents. I would think it would have to be near the blower motor to affect the heater vents and the defroster.

·
Registered
2018, 2012 Kia Optima
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No indication at all of anything in there. No indication of mice. I`m thinking that where ever the blockage is has to be before the defroster duct because that is affected as well as all the other vents.

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
70 Posts
I thought the same thing with my 2015 EX when on Auto mode. When I have it on manual it appears to work as it should. I am not certain how the auto climate control function works, but it does heat or cool off my car, it just doesnt feel like anything coming out of the main dash vents. Honestly, I am not sure where the air is coming out....

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,266 Posts
I can't speak for pre-2018 MY Optimas but on my 2018 SXL it has the Auto Defogging System feature which uses a sensor to detect the amount of humidity within the passenger compartment to determine which vent(s) to open when the HVAC is turned on and set to Auto mode; I find that when the inside and/or ambient temps are below ~75 deg F (to be honest I can't say for sure as to what the actual temperature is inside my car since it's not as if I carry a thermometer wherever I go) and I turn on the HVAC to Auto mode and the temp knob set to no higher than around 76 deg F, the display shows AUTO along with the defrost symbol, and as a result of that I do notice that more (cool) air is coming out from the defrost vents than from the dash vents--eventually the air flow does switch to the front vents (display shows the front vent symbol/arrow), most likely because at that point the ADS is no longer detecting a lot of humidity inside the vehicle.

OTOH during hot (and dry) days (e.g., when the car's been sitting out in the hot sun all day long at work) when I turn on the HVAC to Auto with temp knob at or below 76 the display shows the front vent symbol/arrow and I feel pretty much the full blast of air coming from the front vents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.