Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Optima family and have some concerns with the 2012 Kia Optima EX I've recently purchased private sale. The heated steering wheel seems to have a weird short where only when I adjust the steering wheel will it reactivate and deactivate. When I press the button sometimes it just works, but when it doesn't I have to adjust the steering wheel positioning to get it to come back on. This is a slight nuisance to me just being that I feel the heated steering is one of the best features on the car and really want it to work properly without having to take it to a Kia dealer without warranty. The car is in really great shape for it having 170000 miles on it, I also brought it for $4000, does any of you think I got it for a good deal ? But anyway can I get some help with this issue ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most have found the problem was the clock spring.
yeah i have read in other forums that it may be that. But with my situation it's only the heated steering wheel having this issue when I reposition the steering wheel or when I telescope the wheel. All the other buttons work just fine even the horn so I think maybe it's not the clock spring and just the wire for the heated steering wheel alone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts