Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Kia 2013 Optima Ex and the heated seats and heated steering wheel stays on when you turn car off and on, which I love because I had a remote start put on.

Tried same thing in Kia 2019 SXL Optima and they do not stay on??

Anyone have any idea how to get them to remember to stay on like they do in the older model?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
No models of Kia Optima have ever stored the memory in the switches once the engine is turned off and the doors are locked as far as I know.

Unless someone installed some type of aftermarket sensor to allow that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have the Kia 2013 so I can video it if you need proof, lol. I did have a remote start put on it when I bought the car new so maybe that is doing it? Not sure but it is a great feature, wish my new car had it.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
I still have the Kia 2013 so I can video it if you need proof, lol. I did have a remote start put on it when I bought the car new so maybe that is doing it? Not sure but it is a great feature, wish my new car had it.
I believe you, it most likely is related to the remote start since the factory doesn't come that way..

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Our '11, the heated/cooled seats are off when restarted, but the heated wheel remains on.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
The reverse can be a pain too. In central texas it is 9 months of the year, but I use the passenger heated seat to bring foods warm. Fine on the Kia but if I use the Toyotas (which have mechanical switches), next day, forgetting to turn the seat heater Off in August for the passenger isn't fun for the passenger, haha...

·
Registered
2016 Optima SXL
143 Posts
On the '16 SXL, everything turns off with the ignition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts