Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How warm does the bottom heated seat supposed to get I could feel the back warm but the bottom is not warm does it work off the car heater or is it electric or is mine just not working I just got this car 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I thought so. I will find some heater pads on eBay and wire them in. Does anyone know if they have to be a certain kind? Like carbon.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 193K with Drag wheels.
416 Posts
Most any 12v operated seat heater pads will work, size is important part. Now sure about access to them, may need hog pliers to get underneath seat covers.

Seat heaters sure are important, not so much for butt warmth in central texas but to bring food home piping hot!!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
Never tried to wire aftermarket pads into factory wiring, so I would splurge and purchase the factory pad @ $170.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The one I am getting cost 15 dollars for two. they have holes in them for air to go through. I don't see it cause a problem. If too much draw, the worse it can do it pop a fuse right? big different 7.50 to 170.00.
Body jewelry Silver Clock Wedding ceremony supply Jewellery
Body jewelry Silver Clock Wedding ceremony supply Jewellery

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
The one I am getting cost 15 dollars for two. they have holes in them for air to go through. I don't see it cause a problem. If too much draw, the worse it can do it pop a fuse right? big different 7.50 to 170.00. View attachment 250582 View attachment 250582
You get what you pay for and it's a PIA so good luck. I've installed nuimerous aftermarket pads, but never any for $7.50

1 - 8 of 8 Posts