Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen it mentioned that a Heads Up Display is available for the K5. However I can't find it on the website or any spec sheets? Is this like the digital cluster, not available in the US?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
6 Posts
I just brought home a K5 GT with the GT1 package in the US today after months of waiting / planning and reading. It was SUPPOSED to come with Heads Up Display, Full Digital Dashboard, Wireless Android Auto, Wireless Apple Car Play, and Surround View Safety Features. Mine did not. Models in Canada and in other countries have these features included, however due to a shortage, allegedly a result of COVID-19 the US stock did not get the full treatment. To save you the trouble, they are also not allowed to sell cars to Americans or to anyone who intends to export the car to the US, so that route is very expensive / not really viable.

They are expecting the 2022 models in the US will have the options / be included in the top line packages. I also was reading that the 8" displays are Wireless Android Auto and Wireless Apple Car Play compatible, while the 10.25" screen is not YET. People who have already opened up their screens have confirmed they come with the WIFI card necessary for this, however it may be a matter of they are not yet certified or the software is not ported for the 10" displays.

The car is a beast, and these tiny things I used to think were big wants aside... totally worth still getting for the drive, for the comfort for the rest of the included tech. If you have other questions let me know, I am not an expert just did a lot of research into this car starting back in August 2020.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. This is great info. With that info I think I may wait for 2022.

My other question is this. I was actually looking at an AWD GT-Line with the GT premium package. From what I can tell this basically makes the car an AWD GT with a smaller engine, smaller wheels and different exhaust. Is that right?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
6 Posts
Thank you. This is great info. With that info I think I may wait for 2022.

My other question is this. I was actually looking at an AWD GT-Line with the GT premium package. From what I can tell this basically makes the car an AWD GT with a smaller engine, smaller wheels and different exhaust. Is that right?
I believe that is correct. However I have to stress the difference between the engines is vast. Test drive a GT or a Sonata N-Line if you have any nearby, if you enjoy a super responsive pedal, and breaks that rival BMW, the choice is gonna be clear. I went from 4 previous Sonatas to this car and its night and day with the engine and the breaks.

AWD is amazing and if its a must for your area then that's going to be a deciding factor. For me I am able to get through the winter with just FWD, anything less than 5" of snow and I am pretty alright, after that I start to wish I had AWD :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts