Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I could really use advice: I think I've come to the conclusion that I really hate the projector beam headlights on my 2013 LX. From the OEM bulbs I switched to 2 sided LEDS - not very good. Then I switched to 4 sided LEDS - better but still not great. Now, I found 8 sided LEDS on Amazon rated at 12000 lumens, and they're still not doing the trick. I'd really like something that's super bright and also throws the light far. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
If you want brighter and further light down the road and the only way is to go with HID, aftermarket LED are nice and bright but it doesn’t project the lighting far enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
34 Posts
If yours are originally halogen bulbs like mine, leds will not be as bright when put into projector housings. I had a $130 pair that was less bright than the halogen. I’ve just bought HIDs and these are great... it was a complete headlight assembly replacement that also included inner leds, cost a bit more but so happy with it

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
38 Posts
Exactly what the others have said. Putting LEDs in halogen projector housings will not make your situation brighter. Either stick with halogens or do the change over to an HID set up

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,442 Posts
LED is definitely nice, and a little easier to install, but as others have mentioned, HID will out rival any aftermarket LED kit on the market.

I would recommend checking out our complete HID kit below, as this will make a "Night and Day Difference" literally, & you will definitely be happy with the output.

This kit we sell below is 100% plug & play and is made specifically to work with the 2011-2020 Kia Optima. (Including everything needed to install)

You can find the kit on our website here: Morimoto Elite Complete HID Conversion Kit - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions before or after ordering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts