Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I am new to the thread and happy optima owner I just got the car 2018 Kia optima Fe and have noticed a random headlight twitch. Kia wants $80 to look at it even though warranty is good still. Here's the deal I keep my headlight switch on auto on and the switch will randomly turn to off selection by itself and no I didn't bump the switch on accident. It will do it in the day and at night when driving the light just shut off and then turn back on by themselves. I can turn the switch to off when it does it and turn it back to auto and lights come on no warning lights codes or anything maybe faulty switch on steering column??? Thanks for the help trying to save money haha
My 2016 Kia Sedona just started doing this same thing tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Optima here .. same thing started happening this morning on the way to work. Has anyone found a solution other than finding the sweet spot in the control arm?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can't believe they have the nerve to charge you. Two years old and 27k. You are still covered under KIA's new 3 years or 3 year BUT I don't see where this would fall in this category. It should be covered under the 'Basic coverage' at 60k. If they charge you call KIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to page. Have a 2018 Optima sxl with less than 30k miles. This has happened to me as well. At first it was only every once in a great while. At night it's scary as heck! But now, a year or so later, it happens with relative frequency. I notice the dash change info flash even though the switch hasn't moved. Taking the carin today. Also considering filing a complaint with the NHTSA. It seems this is a repeated problem and spans a lot of years and Kia models. I'd hate for this to become an issue for folks as the warranty is expiring.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
506 Posts
Were it me I'd Copy this Thread/ store in glove box AND Save to computer. IF you actually have to go in re the problem returns I'd call Cust Sppt first and tell them x people in this Thread have reported this issue BUT (per dealer) YOU are liable for $80 IF it doesn't mis-behave while the Dealer has it. Get their official stance on what happens so you'll know.
Good luck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts