Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Kia Optima SX Turbo

I believe I have D1S low beams I am trying to purchase new bulbs with a whitter tone on the light beam maybe 6k? Thing is I dont know if my car has HIDs or LEDS...if it had HIDs can I replace them with LEDs? Will I need a conversion kit? What do you guys recommend as of low beam lights something nice and bright....Please help...thanks

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
If you have an SX turbo then most likely you have HID equipped and yes it is D1S, I have used numerous D1S bulbs and the one I like the most was the Osram CBB and second to that was Osram CBI. Other than those two high quality bulbs I wouldn’t go for anything else. In regards to convert to LED, it’s consider a downgrade if you ask me so stick with upgrading to better HID bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,945 Posts
If you have a 2012 Kia Optima SX Turbo, you 100% will have HID D1S bulbs & would not want to change those for aftermarket LEDs.

We carry two different version of this bulb in stock here, and would be happy to get you a discount on either one.

The 1st version is going to be the same brightness as stock, but for about 30% of the cost of an OE replacement bulb set.

That can be found on our site here: Morimoto XB HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store ($74.95 shipped for a set of (2) bulbs)

Then we carry the version from OSRAM that are 20% brighter than the stock OEM bulbs that come on the vehicle.

Those can be found on our site here: OSRAM XENARC 66140 CBI HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store ($179.95 shipped for a set of (2) bulbs)

Both versions linked above are 100% plug & play and require zero modification to the vehicle to be installed.

Let us know if you have any questions, or if you would like a discount code to use when ordering.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts