Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima hybrid
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 kia optima hybrid. The left bull went out and i change the bulb and nothing... after doing some research I have the hid package and the ballast blew. I could not find any information online about replacing it. So here it is

It is attached to the bottom of the headlight with 3 screws. So if a new bulb does not do the trick it has to be this part.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
How did you access this? Do you need to take out the entire headlight assembly? Or can you reach it without removing the headlight assembly?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima hybrid
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you access this? Do you need to take out the entire headlight assembly? Or can you reach it without removing the headlight assembly?
You need to remove the bumper . It's not hard there is a couple plastic clips on top and 2 10mm bolts that hold headlight assembly to the vehicle and by the wheel well there is a 8mm . Then you pull the bumper and it pops right off. Don't pull too hard just gently tug and that will do the trick. Below the headlight assembly on the passenger side is the horn and a whole bunch of stuff which makes it hard to get to it from under the vehicle. CHEERS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts