Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl got led in her 2013 optima and they work nice but wondering what you guys do about the dust cap since it hits the back on the heat sinks and fans... but it seems she is starting to get moisture building up in the lens now. Do they make a deeper dust cap? Or what do you guys do to still utilize the dust cap?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My girl got led in her 2013 optima and they work nice but wondering what you guys do about the dust cap since it hits the back on the heat sinks and fans... but it seems she is starting to get moisture building up in the lens now. Do they make a deeper dust cap? Or what do you guys do to still utilize the dust cap?
My guy here in Montana told me they use flex seal tape or something similar to seal around the hole they have to make. He also told me they are looking at a flat LED for cases like this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these caps rotate and click into place but the when you put them on the cooler fans are touching just enough that they don’t operate correctly. So caps are off but starting to get that moisture build up it’s like if the caps were about 1/2” deeper they be ok. I’ve seen some online but not sure which ones they actually fit there no fit bet guide.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
I wonder if you could use a heat gun to stretch out the back of the cap?

You'd have to keep the circumference cool, maybe wrap in a wet towel you kept in the freezer?

But just a theory, I'm guessing if you got the back nice and warm, you could push it out with a broom handle or something

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Or go with fanless leds so you can use the shroud as is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or go with fanless leds so you can use the shroud as is.
I saw some but man they were insane prices.. and she already had these. They work nice just seeing if there is as extended ones for the optima I see them for sorentos and such I’ve never had issue with moisture buildup in any led setup I’ve had before. I’m gonna try doing smell mod with the stock ones once and see if I can’t stretch them with 2” metal rod and heat it up had to do something similar on my Xterra when I went to 33” tires had to heat and remold the fender wall cause of tire rub

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just geta hole saw a bit bigger and dril the caps, thats what I didon my GTO. LED with a fan must have airflw or they will overheat and burn out quickly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just geta hole saw a bit bigger and dril the caps, thats what I didon my GTO. LED with a fan must have airflw or they will overheat and burn out quickly.
[/QUOTE

that what I was thinking of doing also I just wanna keep that moisture out on the headlight lens it like a fog and distorts the light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts