Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
wait... but i'm curious. To assemble the headlights back, you don't need to put any additional silicon or anything? You just push it in after it's been heated?
There is no need to put any additional silicon or cement in place as long as:

a) when you pull it apart, you at least try to keep all the cement in it's original place. The stuff becomes stringy, so it's pretty easy to keep it in its place.
b) you don't do this all the time. I have taken one set of headlights and baked them up to 5 times. I never needed to add anything. But if you continue to do this, the cement loses it's strength and is harder to keep in place. You may want to add additional cement then. But for one or two times, there is no need.

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
You baked open your headlights to swap in an HID kit???

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
Lol like taking 3 right turns just to make a left. Whatever floats the boat! Hoping there was some misunderstanding though;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
i really want to try this.. is there a write up on changing the turn signals and projection lens or is it plug and play

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
I believe there is a write up somewhere. Not sure as to what the thread is called. However it's not really "plug and play" it involves some handy work if you're wanting to install the led module. Personally IMO i wouldn't recommend using the "white film" that's available for purchase either as to it's really flimsy.

the projector lense however is an easy swap. It's just one screw that secures the lense bracket in place.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i was thinking the chrome capped turn signal and the white reflector.. is that what your talking about? maybe i can convince someone in AZ to help me w/ it :p

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
I don't know what you mean by chrome capped turn signal? But my reflector is swapped to a white reflector.

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
Ahhh okay okay I've seen those around. I don't know too much on installing those ones off first hand experience. So not much help there. Guessing it's probably just connecting wires and/or maybe some soddering. But my opinion if you wanna do the white reflector mock something up that light can shine through. Mine is white binder material for example. Thick enough to where it won't get wavy due to heat over time but the led light output from the reflector module shines through sufficiently. Hope that helps in some way.

·
Registered
378 Posts
yea man that does help thx.. anything that will save me money. where did you get that binder material. like an actual school binder?

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
Lol yes, an actual school binder is what Nikko, Stargtsi and I used.

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
Nikko and I are Filipino. Anything to save a few dolla's is the plan:D

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
135 Posts
Does anyone have a problem from NY inspecting their car with the white reflector mod done. I want to do this but wasnt sure if id have to swap it back out every time I needed to get my car inspected.

·
Premium Member
2014 Optima-Black
1,118 Posts
Does anyone have a problem from NY inspecting their car with the white reflector mod done. I want to do this but wasnt sure if id have to swap it back out every time I needed to get my car inspected.
Yeah, wouldn't that suck to find that out the hard way.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts