Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Just bought a 2016 Optima EX (Love it!). I spent a lot of time looking for the pin out / wiring information when recently installing a new head unit so thought I would share the info that I found. Also, if anyone happens to know, there is a wire with teh rear camera connector that says "Reverse", any idea what kind of voltage is sent through that wire when the vehicle is in reverse?

Thanks and hope this is useful for someone.

If anyone is interested, I installed a Pioneer AVH 2550 using the Maestro kit and it worked great. Looks really nice using the recommeded install stuff from crutchfield. I was able to tap into factory mic for bluetooth by soldering the appropriate wires to a spliced pioneer mic connector. Sound quality for calls is great I am told. The only problem with teh Maestro kit is that it needs a connection to teh OBD2 connector to sense reverse. I have decided I don't like that (like using a TMobile sync up adapter on there), so going to open it back up and see if I can just connect the reverse wire to the head unit.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts