Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I have a 2015 kia optima sxl. Driver side low beam out high beam works. What the best solution for replacement?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
I'm guessing you have the HID bulbs?

If I remember, it's a D1S bulb for my 2012 SX, but please verify the specific bulb for your 2015.

It's a challenge to get to the bulb, but there are helpful procedures. You can use a tiny screwdriver bit, like the short kind that fit on the end of those swappable screw drivers. That will fit in the extremely short space behind the dust cover, so you can remove the screw of the dust cover. Hopefully you have a wrench or pliers to turn the bit without using the screwdriver handle.

Under the dust cover, there is a clamp holding the old bulb in place. That takes some muscle to unclamp. Then disconnect the cable connector on the back of the bulb, and you should then be able to remove the old bulb.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Hello,

We are more than happy to help you with this one.

All 2015 Kia Optima SX-L models use the HID D1S Bulbs, and we have two options available to choose from below:

Morimoto XB HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store (These are the same brightness as stock and sold as a pair for $79.95 shipped)

OSRAM XENARC 66140 CBI HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store (These are 20% brighter than stock, sold as a pair, & on sale for $184.95 shipped)

Both options above are about half as much as what the Kia dealer will charge you for replacements, and they both come with a 2-year warranty as well.

Let us know if you have any questions before ordering.

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 3 of 3 Posts