Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
34 Posts
So now that some are starting to think that way I must confess. I am running ngk ilkr8e6 re gapped at .030 . If Evo's can make 450 whp on them around me I should be able to as well. I just can't buy into hks snake oil as of yet. A $40 set of plugs or $100 set.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,791 Posts
So now that some are starting to think that way I must confess. I am running ngk ilkr8e6 re gapped at .030 . If Evo's can make 450 whp on them around me I should be able to as well. I just can't buy into hks snake oil as of yet. A $40 set of plugs or $100 set.
As long as you aren't tuned, there is nothing wrong running the NGK 1422 plugs you're running. However if you are tuned, those will not work unfortunately. Gotta pay to play. ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have read this entire thread and need to know what plug I need to use that will be safe with the Uncle Chip tune. Here are my performance mods to help you help me.
1. Injen CAI
2. Blow of valve
3. Catch can (on the left side of the engine if you are looking at the car from the front)
4. Magnaflow exhaust and tips.

Please help: the last thing that I want to do is mess up my car by doing the wrong things to it.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,791 Posts
I have read this entire thread and need to know what plug I need to use that will be safe with the Uncle Chip tune. Here are my performance mods to help you help me.
1. Injen CAI
2. Blow of valve
3. Catch can (on the left side of the engine if you are looking at the car from the front)
4. Magnaflow exhaust and tips.

Please help: the last thing that I want to do is mess up my car by doing the wrong things to it.
This has been covered several times and the ONLY plug you should use is what is recommended and required to be used which it states on the product page when ordering this item on our site.

We are the exclusive North American Distributor for the LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune. We have been instructed by LAP3 the manufacturer to REQUIRE the usage of the HKS M45XL plugs when running their tune.

HKS M45XL Racing Spark plugs - K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento
89 Posts
Update (12/17/15): I've put about 6K miles on these HKS plugs as my DD and today pulled them for inspect. They are running close to being carbon fouled (my opinion) and if I were to do it again, I would chose the HKS M40XL plugs (one heat range hotter than the M45XL plugs).
Pictures would have been nice.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,454 Posts
Pictures would have been nice.
Agreed. I took some but they really didn't turn out that clear. I suck at taking pictures with my S5 for some reason.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts