Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How tough is it? My credit score is appx 760. I’m crossing my fingers I can qualify for zero or next to it. Do you have to put a certain amount of money down or finance for a certain amount of months to be considered? Or is zero percent just a marketing ploy and it’s pretty much impossible?

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
27 Posts
I'm not sure the cutoff but I would have qual'd. I didnt take the 0 interest because they wouldnt combine it with the kia cash and i got $3k off.

I did get 0 percent/60 months on my nissan rogue we bought the next weekend tho so its definitely possible.

I want to say the terms are usually like 0%/60 months, 0.9%/66 months, 1.9%/72 months. No tricks to getting it, all based on credit score.

The fine print to the offer will tell you term options and if any down payment is required. The down payments are never crazy, they dont expect you to drop like 10k, but IF required it is usually $2/3k. There was NO down payment required on either of my purchases but I did anyway so that is up to you.

I bought the Kia, black Friday weekend and the Rogue first week of Dec. 2019.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
Any dealership will give you 0% interest, but in the end you'll pay for it as they won't offer huge discounts on the list price, and normally you'll not receive any manufacturer give backs/rebates.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
83 Posts
Negotiate your price. Then say you want to lease it. Take the lease cash , which is thousands depending on your term, then wait maybe 4 to 5 days call finance and get payout. It cost 300 bucks to buyout lease then finance with your own bank credit union. Huge savings. You can play around with terms on the Kia website and see the lease cash for each. This way you know going in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bob2C....Sorry, but I'm not aware of 'lease cash'? We are looking at leasing a new Kia and anything to help with the leasing payments/process would be welcomed. Thank you

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
83 Posts
Bob2C....Sorry, but I'm not aware of 'lease cash'? We are looking at leasing a new Kia and anything to help with the leasing payments/process would be welcomed. Thank you
Go to the Kia website and build your car. Then in the upper right hand corner click calculate. It will show you payments based on msrp. Within that window there are 2 options. Loan and lease. Click lease then on the bottom select your term. Your best lease cash is for a 24 month term. Below the term you select you will see the lease cash available for each term. The longer the term the less lease cash. What many are doing is lease to get the most lease cash then buying it out for a fee of 300 bucks then financing with their credit union. You come out ahead.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,460 Posts
Lease cash is something offered by many dealers and generally shown on the manufacturers website. Its a discount designed off the price to incent people to lease.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
83 Posts
ALWAYS negotiate the price of the car before you tell them if your going to lease/buy/trade. NEVER fall into the trap of “what do you need your monthly payment to be”.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you all very much for the info on 'lease cash'. I've never done the calculate part on the dealers web page, just found the car at a dealership and went and discussed it there. I will take a look at what you're saying. Thank you again.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
161 Posts
ALWAYS negotiate the price of the car before you tell them if your going to lease/buy/trade. NEVER fall into the trap of “what do you need your monthly payment to be”.

The dealer did this with our Optima. That was the first question the salesman asked us. We financed because of all the "deals" we were offered and we paid it off in the first 3 months of ownership. Now I always negotiate before I tell them what I'm willing to pay. My 3 Series was a lease and went back a couple of weeks ago ($478 monthly). I'm currently leasing a 2020 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T (amazing car btw) for much cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
497 Posts
The question is, when you are looking at MSRP price, what are you using to gauge a good asking price is? You can't just cut it down by 25% or something as they can tell you're not serious and haven't done your homework. Realistically, they're only going to come down so much. So what are you using to know what price to negotiate them with?

I don't see too much of a negative to negotiate the "what do you want to pay a month" when you also follow that up with "while leaving it an X-month loan". This will make them change their rates and trade-in values and cost of vehicle since that is all that is left. Do not leave it open for them to change rates and you can negotiate any way outside of that.

Also, on the lease cash option - I don't see any offers, at least where I am, where they are giving cash right now for Kia's. Don't they also require money due at time of lease? For example, right now on a Stinger lease, local dealer wants $4k due at signing.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
83 Posts
The question is, when you are looking at MSRP price, what are you using to gauge a good asking price is? You can't just cut it down by 25% or something as they can tell you're not serious and haven't done your homework. Realistically, they're only going to come down so much. So what are you using to know what price to negotiate them with?

I don't see too much of a negative to negotiate the "what do you want to pay a month" when you also follow that up with "while leaving it an X-month loan". This will make them change their rates and trade-in values and cost of vehicle since that is all that is left. Do not leave it open for them to change rates and you can negotiate any way outside of that.

Also, on the lease cash option - I don't see any offers, at least where I am, where they are giving cash right now for Kia's. Don't they also require money due at time of lease? For example, right now on a Stinger lease, local dealer wants $4k due at signing.
The lease cash is on the Kia website. You have to build the car then select calculate in the upper right. Then select lease. Choose your term and you’ll see the lease cash below. 24 month gives the best lease cash

1 - 12 of 12 Posts