Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
It's a little boring now Mr. Carguy. I come on here to read positive things and every time i turn around I still see you battling with everyone so just thought I give you my opinion, SHUT IT THE **** DOWN now that's my fucking opinion!!!!!!!
Touchy.

Someone did not not have their coffee this morning.:D

I am not going to stop a discussion because you have no interest in it.

I do not care for a lot of subjects on this forum, however that do not give me the right to tell the OP to close it.

I just ignore the thread that do not pertain to me or interest me.

Have a great day and try not to kill some one.:D

·
Registered
2013 K5
637 Posts
I will have a great day now that I got what I had to say off my chest and I'm sure everyone here will agree. Have a wonderful Halloween Mr Carguy, what are you dressing up as, a Dick Head!!! LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I will have a great day now that I got what I had to say off my chest and I'm sure everyone here will agree. Have a wonderful Halloween Mr Carguy, what are you dressing up as, a Dick Head!!! LMFAO!!!
So sad.

You are behaving like the very thing you are calling me.:D

Have great day man.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2014 Optima-Black
1,119 Posts
It's a little boring now Mr. Carguy. I come on here to read positive things and every time i turn around I still see you battling with everyone so just thought I give you my opinion, SHUT IT THE **** DOWN now that's my fucking opinion!!!!!!! We got your point now!
hank5 - Don't let him get to you.

You have to keep in mind that Message Board Forums are just like humans - each one has an ******* that's full of ****.

LMFAO!

Just found this selfie of him with his costume on.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
hank5 - Don't let him get to you.

You have to keep in mind that Message Board Forums are just like humans - each one has an ******* that's full of ****.

LMFAO!

Just found this selfie of him with his costume on.

:lmao:

You have issues, but that is funny as ****.

Too bad you do not have any thing worth while to post other than a picture from your family photo album.

Who that you or your father?:D

Some of you need help.:p

Stop jacking my thread with your foolishness please.

Have a great day.:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Um I'm also going with no.
It's going to be a third no from me. But I can see your passion for it. So work on it and come back and try next year.

Reactions: JasonS

·
Registered
164 Posts
Since i posted on this thread i figure i should at least offer some useful advise.

Could removing this piece potentially have a benefit? Yes, but not by just removing it. Grab some sheet metal and fab up a scoop that will divert air from the grill upward towards the intake. then it will be a functional mod.

Read up some material on fluid dynamics. You need to understand the way things work a little better.

Your the right track but without diverting air where you want it to go, it isn't going to be of much benefit.

A LARGE MAJORITY of the Optima owners on this site are more concerned with badges, spoilers and window visors than performance. And because of this they are not interested in what you have done. It gives marginal if any performance benefit but now it doesnt look as pretty.

Here is my advice...

Cut the piece so that only the area in front of the intake is open. take some small sheet metal and make a couple of bents to it so that it forms a scoop which will divert air upwards. Now your functional. Take some matte black spray paint to it to is can be highly vissible from the front of the car.

SEE IMAGE LINK BELOW
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/IMAG0427-1.jpg

Reactions: williamhood

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,491 Posts
Are you serious???? That is the longest post that actually really do not say anything factual related to if the cowl works or not. You are going on about humidity and it effects on air density. My point is simple-cooler(denser) air better running engine.
Apparently you missed where I stated the following info was for everyone. My point was it is a fact that cooler air doesn't necessarily mean better running engine. Its a combination of 3 factors, cooler, being one of them.

carguy75 said:
One question. Do you know for a fact that removing the cowl do not have any effect on the engine? I do not want to read about any of your theories or hypothesis, just hard facts about someone who have tried it and did not gain anything for starters.
Actually yes I do; however, I want YOU to prove YOUR theory. Prove me wrong Carguy. Gauntlet is has been thrown down. Put up or shut up.

carguy75 said:
Apparently I am the only member that has removed the cowl it seems. I think it works becuase my car feels quicker. I wanted to see if anyone else have tried and got the same results to see if it just a placebo effect.
Apparently I can find people who think we never set foot upon the moon too and will argue the point. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to be dumb enough to believe it.

carguy75 said:
I am tired of having these theoretical arguments about if it should or should not work.
Good! Us too. Now the gauntlet has been thrown, put up or shut up. You can however simply install a good quality aftermarket intercooler with a larger surface area to bring down internal air temps. Or implement a meth/water injection system to bring down IAT's while under boost. Both these solutions have a much larger and real effect on your cars performance.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
LOL!!!

My point is that removing the cowl may help the engine somewhat.

I do not expect it to be a strong performance enhancer like a inter-cooler upgrade or larger turbo.

It just a small plastic piece that covers a hole over the radiator.

So yes a small gain or improvement still proves my point that it helps ever so slightly.

A win is still a win even if it just by one point in a game.

I never claimed that i gained any specific horsepower number.

Only that my engine seems to run a little better a high speeds with the cowl removed.

Hence why my original question(thread topic)asks has anyone else removed the cowl also for comparison.

I never asked anyone do they "think" it works.

So again, I appreciate everyone "opinions" about if removing the cowl works or not, but my question has not been answered yet by anyone who actually tried running their turbo engine without the cowl.

Much as I appreciate dick head photos, math formulas, and theoretically debates with everyone about air density, I really just want to hear from someone who has actually tried running their 2.0T engine without the cowl.

Thank you:D

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Three or four shelf-proclaimed know-it-alls opinion posters do not make up the majority vote on a forum with hundreds of members.:D

Good one though.:clap:

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Since i posted on this thread i figure i should at least offer some useful advise.

Could removing this piece potentially have a benefit? Yes, but not by just removing it. Grab some sheet metal and fab up a scoop that will divert air from the grill upward towards the intake. then it will be a functional mod.

Read up some material on fluid dynamics. You need to understand the way things work a little better.

Your the right track but without diverting air where you want it to go, it isn't going to be of much benefit.

A LARGE MAJORITY of the Optima owners on this site are more concerned with badges, spoilers and window visors than performance. And because of this they are not interested in what you have done. It gives marginal if any performance benefit but now it doesnt look as pretty.

Here is my advice...

Cut the piece so that only the area in front of the intake is open. take some small sheet metal and make a couple of bents to it so that it forms a scoop which will divert air upwards. Now your functional. Take some matte black spray paint to it to is can be highly vissible from the front of the car.

SEE IMAGE LINK BELOW
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/IMAG0427-1.jpg
You are right that most members here do seem more interested in appearance mods over trying to tweak their engines, especially if it does not give 20 or more HP.

However, that is why topics are posted in threads in certain categories so members can ignored them if they are not interested.

It is like someone calling Comcast and bitch about the shopping channel and how they hate watching it when they have control not to by avoiding the channel.:duh:

My point is just that removing the cowl helps it seems on my car.

I actually understand fluid dynamics very well, hence why i know that more air is being allow access to the front scoop with the cowl removed.

Question is how much.

Yes, it could be taken a step further like you mention by fabricating a air scoop or routing device to better use the extra air flow.

Great idea by the way!!!

However, my idea is just simple tweak that seems to work and it takes only five minutes to do.

My how point is that it works on my car and it is free.

Why some people on this forum gets so worked up over this is beyond me, especially if they have not even tried themselves.:icon_scratch:

Thanks for the constructive feedback and idea.:grin:

·
Premium Member
2014 Optima-Black
1,119 Posts
I vote for ban but will settle for lock.

Wait, before the mods hit the lock button let me spray some of this on the OP.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80226496/*******-repellant.jpg

OKAY, done! Hope it works - Lock it!!!

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
This thread is far beyond the threshold of usefulness or any chance of anyone having a good conversation. I vote for lock.
This goes to show how ignorant you are.

You want to close a thread because someone does not agree with your opinion.

I vote that members who continually post negative and argumentative remarks get banned from this thread and allow members that may want to have sensible conversation about the topic have it.

If you do not like subject, leave!!!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.