:lmao:

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
No love in this thread, LOL!!!
Just kidding man.:D

It just funny that some members here make it a life mission to disprove anything that can help the engine that did not come from a store.

The really hilarious thing is that removing the cowl is free and easy.

So instead if just removing the cowl on their cars and trying it themselves they point out every reason imaginable that it does not work and should not work.

Even to the point of using math equations.:lmao:

If I was trying to sell a product then i would understand why some would try to disprove that removal the cowl helps the engine.

I personally would try it first and then point out why it did not work for me.:D

If everyone had the mind-set of some of these members here we would never sailed across the ocean still thinking it is flat, because they would know that the world is not curved and sailing across it would not work without even trying to cross it.:laugh:

That is why some of us will never get along.:rockon:

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,491 Posts
LOL. Your post does argue that point, but you are not thinking in terms of how engines work when using cooler or hotter engine air. My argument goes more into the thermal/chemical reaction that happens due to the denser air. Your argument is more about the difference in volume between hot and cold air. Engines are very sensitive to changes in air density so that small change in your eyes may mean a lot more to how an engine behaves. Do you know how much of a change in air density volume is enough to increase engine performance? Not speculation or guessing, but an exact number.
Keep in mind that atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity all affect air density. Its the combination of those three which may or may not "help" your engine.

This is for everyone...
Air density is the mass per unit volume. It can be calculated using a formula that relates pressure and temperature, which are two key variables affecting air density. As air flow (pressure) increases, density goes up. This is done by our turbo. However, air is heated as it goes through the turbo. :(

Logically, as temperature goes down, density increases. With colder air, it becomes possible to get more into a given volume. Anything that cools air, such as an intercooler, is essentially a density machine.

Humidity does not increase density. Increasing humidity actually reduces effective air density.

Using denser air will allow you to make more power but it also allows you to obtain better mileage. With more oxygen in every stroke, fuel burns more completely. Less fuel is needed to make equal power. It turns out there are effective ways to improve density; however, you need to optimize the combination of both pressure and temperature.

I think Carguy, arguing your point is pretty worthless for all parties. Here's why, whether you are right or wrong, the delta regarding your point would be imperceptibly small. The larger change would be in the optimization of both pressure and temperature. There are three methods on our cars to basically do this.
1) A larger turbo. Problem here is cost and engine tuning to utilize it.
2) an aftermarket intercooler with a larger surface area to bring down internal air temps. I've already shown in another thread a good after market intercooler is one of the top two bolt on things to produce more power for our cars.
3) Implement meth/water injection system to bring down IAT's while under boost.

#2 is easy to do and produces good results. #3 is about the same price as #2, but a bit more complicated for the normal user. Or you could throw budget out the window and do all three!

And for anyone reading, if you wish to learn more about air density and the factors involved including complex math formulas, here are some links:
Equations - Air Density and Density Altitude
Engine Tuning Calculator - using dew point
Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,454 Posts
Reactions: JasonS

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Keep in mind that atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity all affect air density. Its the combination of those three which may or may not "help" your engine.

This is for everyone...
Air density is the mass per unit volume. It can be calculated using a formula that relates pressure and temperature, which are two key variables affecting air density. As air flow (pressure) increases, density goes up. This is done by our turbo. However, air is heated as it goes through the turbo. :(

Logically, as temperature goes down, density increases. With colder air, it becomes possible to get more into a given volume. Anything that cools air, such as an intercooler, is essentially a density machine.

Humidity does not increase density. Increasing humidity actually reduces effective air density.

Using denser air will allow you to make more power but it also allows you to obtain better mileage. With more oxygen in every stroke, fuel burns more completely. Less fuel is needed to make equal power. It turns out there are effective ways to improve density; however, you need to optimize the combination of both pressure and temperature.

I think Carguy, arguing your point is pretty worthless for all parties. Here's why, whether you are right or wrong, the delta regarding your point would be imperceptibly small. The larger change would be in the optimization of both pressure and temperature. There are three methods on our cars to basically do this.
1) A larger turbo. Problem here is cost and engine tuning to utilize it.
2) an aftermarket intercooler with a larger surface area to bring down internal air temps. I've already shown in another thread a good after market intercooler is one of the top two bolt on things to produce more power for our cars.
3) Implement meth/water injection system to bring down IAT's while under boost.

#2 is easy to do and produces good results. #3 is about the same price as #2, but a bit more complicated for the normal user. Or you could throw budget out the window and do all three!

And for anyone reading, if you wish to learn more about air density and the factors involved including complex math formulas, here are some links:
Equations - Air Density and Density Altitude
Engine Tuning Calculator - using dew point
Enjoy!
Are you serious????

That is the longest post that actually really do not say anything factual related to if the cowl works or not.

You are going on about humidity and it effects on air density.

My point is simple-cooler(denser) air better running engine.

One question.

Do you know for a fact that removing the cowl do not have any effect on the engine?

I do not want to read about any of your theories or hypothesis, just hard facts about someone who have tried it and did not gain anything for starters.

You guys are really funny.:D

So post a link or thread about someone who have tried running their engine with and without a cowl.

If you can not you are just giving your opinion as well.

No matter what equations you or anyone post.:D

It is just fluff to cover the fact that you actually do not know if it works or not.:p

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Apparently I am the only member that has removed the cowl it seems.

I think it works becuase my car feels quicker.

I wanted to see if anyone else have tried and got the same results to see if it just a placebo effect.

However, only the same few members keep posting that it does not work even though they never tried it on the 2.0T engine.

Please only post if you tried it and have had any results with the cowl removed.

I do not care about theories or about your opinions about if it works, just interested if you have tried running your car with the cowl removed.

Just like my title states.

I am tired of having these theoretical arguments about if it should or should not work.

I do drive my car with the cowl removed and noticed some improvement , so I am not going take anyone theory over what i notice first hand.

But if someone does have hard facts that it does not work like acceleration runs, data logs,etc. I am all ears.

I will also work on doing some comparison also to back-up my claims as well.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,491 Posts
And where are these available?
They are not, you'd have to make your own. :(

Who's in for carguy to post dyno results??? :D

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
They are not, you'd have to make your own. :(

Who's in for carguy to post dyno results??? :D
LOL.

Since my hood will be up on most dyno machines it really will not demonstrate if the cowl works or not since the front air scoop will be exposed to the outside air/shop fan regardless.

But you never know, i may find a shop in my area that has the wind-tunnel dyno machine that run with the hood close so we will see.

I do want to do a baseline before I get into some real modifications.:D

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,607 Posts
It's not going to help. Even with an intake directly in the grill it barely impacts temps and then only at idle. You have to remember the air is coming in to the snorkel, a heat soaked airbox, an intake pipe next to the engine, through a 900+ degree turbo, and finally compressed adding even more heat before it then enters the intercooler.

If you want to decrease temps, upgrade your intercooler.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Here is a couple of logs i have done with my car before I removed the cowl.
Here is a high rpm run log in Sport mode I got with my AutoLink AL519 scanner which is on sale on Amazon.com for about $55.00.
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)100.0
Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£F)201
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)8.6
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)-4.7
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)28.9

These aren't logs - they are point-in-time snapshots. Do some real logging that logs iat, aat, spark advance, commanded timing, actual timing, and other pertinent data a few times a second and then make your extrapolations.

As someone who has had custom intakes directly to the grill, in front of the battery, sri's, and did the logging, I can tell you that you will not find a difference.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
It's not going to help. Even with an intake directly in the grill it barely impacts temps and then only at idle. You have to remember the air is coming in to the snorkel, a heat soaked airbox, an intake pipe next to the engine, through a 900+ degree turbo, and finally compressed adding even more heat before it then enters the intercooler.

If you want to decrease temps, upgrade your intercooler.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

These aren't logs - they are point-in-time snapshots. Do some real logging that logs iat, aat, spark advance, commanded timing, actual timing, and other pertinent data a few times a second and then make your extrapolations.

As someone who has had custom intakes directly to the grill, in front of the battery, sri's, and did the logging, I can tell you that you will not find a difference.
I appreciate your "opinion", but it still an opinion.

Do you know for a fact that allowing cooler air into the turbo do not provide a performance gain to the engine?

And do you know for a fact that removing the cowl does not help the engine receive a cooler supply of air to the engine?

If so post some proof of your facts to me that specifically shows that removing the cowl does nothing and/or allowing the engine to receive cooler air does nothing for the turbo engine.

I do agree that an inter-cooler upgrade would be the biggest most useful mod when it comes to cooling air, however my post is about removing the cowl to allow more cooler air to the turbo which does help also in my opinion.

These log is what I have posted to show that air temps are lower when the car is moving at speeds over 80mph.

Do to increased airflow over the inter-cooler and probably the front air intake, which is why I think that having cooler air enter the engine is just as importance as having cooler air after it has been inter-cooled.

I have the entire data feed from my runs which would take about a few pages to post here, but I do not think anyone whats to read through all of the data plus it exceed the character limit for posts.:D

i posted the snap-shot from idle, low rpm, and the run from near redline(fuel cut-off at 6500rpm).

I do admit that it does nothing to prove anything about removing the cowl since my cowl was on when I did the run with my scanner.

I will do another run and post the log(snap-shots) just to have some comparisons.

Here is the first set of complete logs here and then I will post the second set in another post.
Live Data
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)49.8
Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£F)203
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)10.2
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)16.4
Engine RPM(rpm) 3448
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)38
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)12.5
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)129
Absolute Throttle Position(%)50.2
Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S----
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.790
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A
OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII
Time Since Engine Start(sec)458
Distance Travelled While MIL is Activated(miles)0
Commanded Evaporative Purge(%)2.7
Fuel Level Input(%)100.0
Number of warm-ups since diagnostic trouble codes cleared255
Distance since diagnostic trouble codes cleared(miles)7553
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)2.386
Barometric Pressure(psi)14.2
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.985
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.082
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1258
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1252
Control module voltage(V)14.070
Absolute Load Value(%)105.1
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.988
Relative Throttle Position(%)48.2
Ambient air temperature(¡£F)80
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)51.8
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)40.8
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)39.6
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)52.9
Time run by the engine while MIL activated0 hrs,0 min
Engine Run Time since diagnostic trouble codes cleared250 hrs,16 min
Short Term Secondary O2 Sensor Fuel Trim - Bank1(%)-1.6
Long Term Secondary O2 Sensor Fuel Trim - Bank1(%)-4.7
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1556.2
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)51.8
Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£F)204
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)16.4
Engine RPM(rpm) 3429
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)44
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)26.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)125
Absolute Throttle Position(%)45.1
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.770
Time Since Engine Start(sec)460
Fuel Level Input(%)100.0
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)2.909
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.988
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.066
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1292
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1250
Absolute Load Value(%)99.2
Relative Throttle Position(%)47.5
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)51.4
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)43.5
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)43.1
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)56.1
Short Term Secondary O2 Sensor Fuel Trim - Bank1(%)0.0
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1615.6
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)63.9
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)6.3
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)20.6
Engine RPM(rpm) 3820
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)49
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)17.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)123
Absolute Throttle Position(%)58.4
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.755
Time Since Engine Start(sec)461
Fuel Level Input(%)100.0
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)2.059
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.975
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.141
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1327
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1251
Absolute Load Value(%)148.2
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.964
Relative Throttle Position(%)55.7
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)57.6
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)51.0
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)49.8
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)61.6
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1950.7
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)72.9
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)21.5
Engine RPM(rpm) 4334
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)57
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)18.5
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)120
Absolute Throttle Position(%)44.7
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.825
Time Since Engine Start(sec)463
Fuel Level Input(%)100.0
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)-0.032
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.984
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.090
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1367
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1257
Control module voltage(V)13.968
Absolute Load Value(%)130.6
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.966
Relative Throttle Position(%)52.2
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)56.5
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)50.2
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)49.0
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)63.5
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1854.9
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)65.9
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.8
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)20.4
Engine RPM(rpm) 4453
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)63
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)11.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)118
Absolute Throttle Position(%)61.6
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.795
Time Since Engine Start(sec)465
Fuel Level Input(%)100.0
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.358
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.975
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.148
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1417
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1268
Absolute Load Value(%)126.3
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.978
Relative Throttle Position(%)49.4
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)52.2
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)45.9
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)44.7
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)54.5
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1752.0
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)49.0
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.8
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)10.9
Engine RPM(rpm) 3611
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)67
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)20.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)118
Absolute Throttle Position(%)16.1
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.775
Time Since Engine Start(sec)466
Commanded Evaporative Purge(%)17.3
Fuel Level Input(%)79.6
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.228
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.986
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.078
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1462
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1287
Absolute Load Value(%)80.0

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.990
Relative Throttle Position(%)29.4
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)36.1
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)37.3
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)36.5
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)34.5
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1274.8
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)40.4
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)3.1
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)14.2
Engine RPM(rpm) 2906
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)116
Absolute Throttle Position(%)36.5
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.740
Time Since Engine Start(sec)468
Fuel Level Input(%)66.3
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.424
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.995
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.027
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1486
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1302
Control module voltage(V)14.172
Absolute Load Value(%)88.2
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.989
Relative Throttle Position(%)35.7
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)41.2
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)43.1
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)42.0
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)42.0
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1295.1
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)45.9
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)1.6
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)16.1
Engine RPM(rpm) 2523
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)19.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)114
Absolute Throttle Position(%)44.7
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.720
Time Since Engine Start(sec)469
Fuel Level Input(%)69.8
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.555
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.999
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.008
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1509
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1319
Control module voltage(V)14.172
Absolute Load Value(%)115.7
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.989
Relative Throttle Position(%)41.6
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)46.3
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)48.2
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)47.1
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)47.8
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1604.0
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)59.2
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)4.7
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)19.6
Engine RPM(rpm) 2723
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)68
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)14.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)113
Absolute Throttle Position(%)47.1
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.625
Time Since Engine Start(sec)471
Fuel Level Input(%)79.6
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.996
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.023
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1535
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1337
Absolute Load Value(%)123.9
Relative Throttle Position(%)43.1
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)47.5
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)50.6
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)49.4
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)49.0
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1673.6
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)61.6
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.0
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)19.9
Engine RPM(rpm) 2784
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)70
Absolute Throttle Position(%)47.8
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.625
Time Since Engine Start(sec)472
Fuel Level Input(%)69.8
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.490
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.994
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.035
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1556
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1356
Absolute Load Value(%)123.1
Relative Throttle Position(%)43.9
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)48.2
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)50.2
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1660.6
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)60.8
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)19.9
Engine RPM(rpm) 2771
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)71
Absolute Throttle Position(%)48.6
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.650
Time Since Engine Start(sec)474
Fuel Level Input(%)69.8
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.490
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.990
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.059
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1573
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1376
Absolute Load Value(%)122.4
Relative Throttle Position(%)44.3
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)48.2
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)50.6
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)1637.4
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)60.8
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)19.7
Engine RPM(rpm) 2792
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)72
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)14.5
Absolute Throttle Position(%)48.6
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.650
Time Since Engine Start(sec)476

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Fuel Level Input(%)79.6
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.990
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-0.059
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1590
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1404
Absolute Load Value(%)142.0
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.854
Relative Throttle Position(%)88.2
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)85.9
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)76.1
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)74.5
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)100.0
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)2040.6
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)96.9
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)30.2
Engine RPM(rpm) 5578
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)73
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)15.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)111
Absolute Throttle Position(%)86.3
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.930
Time Since Engine Start(sec)477
Fuel Level Input(%)81.6
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.747
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-1.906
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1474
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1424
Absolute Load Value(%)191.4
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.738
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)69.8
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)70.2
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)2043.5
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)9.4
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)29.7
Engine RPM(rpm) 6016
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)80
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)15.5
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)109
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.935
Time Since Engine Start(sec)479
Fuel Level Input(%)93.7
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.097
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.731
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-2.086
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1443
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1433
Absolute Load Value(%)184.3
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.726
Ambient air temperature(¡£F)78
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)78.8
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)77.3
Engine Run Time since diagnostic trouble codes cleared250 hrs,17 min
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)2073.9
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)28.9
Engine RPM(rpm) 6436
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)86
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)17.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)109
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.930
Time Since Engine Start(sec)481
Fuel Level Input(%)86.7
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.228
Equivalence Ratio (lambda)(Bank 1-Sensor 1)0.766
Oxygen Sensor Current(Bank 1-Sensor 1)(mA)-1.730
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 1(¡£F)1446
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1,Sensor 2(¡£F)1436
Absolute Load Value(%)202.4
Commanded Equivalence Ratio0.844
Relative Throttle Position(%)74.9
Ambient air temperature(¡£F)78
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)27.5
Accelerator Pedal Position D(%)14.9
Accelerator Pedal Position E(%)14.9
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control(%)11.4
Engine Run Time since diagnostic trouble codes cleared250 hrs,17 min
Fuel Rail Pressure(absolute)(psi)565.6
----------------------
Numbers of DTCs 0
Fuel system 1 statusCL
Fuel System 2 status--
Calculated Load Value(%)10.2
Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)0.0
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)4.4
Engine RPM(rpm) 4714
Vehicle Speed Sensor(mph)88
Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)19.0
Intake Air Temperature(¡£F)107
Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.0
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.840
Time Since Engine Start(sec)482
Fuel Level Input(%)66.3
Evap System Vapor Pressure(inH2o)0.358

It took three post but here the complete log of my high speed log in sport mode.:D

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
^^ Carguy, you had me at hello. I sure hope that was copied and paste cuz it's a bit long to read lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LOL.

It was copied and pasted from the logs saved in Word.

Well one poster claims that he wanted to see the entire log that goes for a few seconds instead of the snapshots I posted.

So here we go.:D

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Can we just put this thread to rest, it's getting a little annoying, gees!!! Lets talk about the weather!
You do not have to read it or comment on the thread you know.

Apparently you feel some compulsion to reply to it or read it when you can just "ignore it".

Just bypass it and move on if you have no interest in the subject.

How hard is that?:D

·
Registered
2013 K5
637 Posts
It's a little boring now Mr. Carguy. I come on here to read positive things and every time i turn around I still see you battling with everyone so just thought I give you my opinion, SHUT IT THE **** DOWN now that's my fucking opinion!!!!!!! We got your point now!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.