Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I was on my way to work and I noticed that my car was shifting funny. Well it started off with what felt like the timing of the shift was off. Later that day after work I was leaving and as I was leaving it was no longer about the timing of my shift, it had turned into a very hard jerky type of shift. So hard I turned around and didnt want to drive it anymore. Got it to the dealership thinking the worst, but it turned out to be a transmission temperature sensor. Which from what I was told is pretty common on the Optima. I just wanted to know if any of you have had any of the same problems and have had to have your sensor replaced.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
314 Posts
I noticed something different on my 2014 SXT. When I brake, it seems to hang long on a higher gear, and then when I'm almost stopped it would downshift, causing a very sharp deceleration. The thing is, I wasn't planning on stopping, just want to decelerate to a crawl. Anyone else have that?

·
Banned
2016 Chevy SS
1,215 Posts
I noticed something different on my 2014 SXT. When I brake, it seems to hang long on a higher gear, and then when I'm almost stopped it would downshift, causing a very sharp deceleration. The thing is, I wasn't planning on stopping, just want to decelerate to a crawl. Anyone else have that?
I've had this since day one. It's a little disconcerting as I sometimes feel that it almost stops short when I apply the brakes. I thought maybe it was the rotors and that it would resolve itself after a few miles. To this day it still does it, but I guess I've just gotten used to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia optima it had before shifting I don't no why, and am driving onless I take mine foot off on accelerater padel before changing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts