Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I recently became the owner of a 2013 SXL. I drive a 2014 F150 and i have a SCT X4 handheld turner for it. Does anybody make handheld turners for the Optima? I have searched the web and have come up with nothing.

Also, what is the best turner for these cars?

Thank you all in advance

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,811 Posts
Hey Andrew, welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2013 Optima SX-L. (My favorite year and model out of all of them)

When you mention "handheld tuner" I think of things like a COBB Accessport or something along the lines of that.

While there really isn't anything like that for the Optima, there are a few options available that we can help you with.

I would recommend checking out the LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune we have on our website.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about it. We will have it on sale later this week for our BF/CM sale.

-David

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,770 Posts
As stated above, nothing similar to what you want, as I have a handheld for the Jeep G C 5.7 hemi.
Many aftermarket units available for maybe 50+ hp. Easy to increase with higher boost, but one needs all the other perameters to work in unison, air, fuel, timing etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info.

Again being new to this car/setup. The Lap3 turner, is there any way to switch between different octane levels? Or do you just get what you chose when purchased?

What about needing tunes for a CAI or larger throttle body? Or running no Cat on the exhaust?

Thanks

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,811 Posts
Thank you for the info.

Again being new to this car/setup. The Lap3 turner, is there any way to switch between different octane levels? Or do you just get what you chose when purchased?

What about needing tunes for a CAI or larger throttle body? Or running no Cat on the exhaust?

Thanks
You're very welcome.

No problem, please feel free to ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand everything, I don't mind at all.

Yes, there is a way to switch between the different octane levels, however, we set it up for you when you order it, so it arrives to the setting of your choice.

There is a video in the link I provided you above showing how to change the octane levels on the chip if you decide to use different gas after ordering.

There is nothing "needed" other than the upgraded Racing Spark Plugs, which is also indicated in the listing I linked above.

Please understand that if there were any other requirements, we would definitely list them on our site, right on the product page where we sell the item.

The only thing needed to be done is upgrade your spark plugs, but we also highly recommend the use of an oil catch can as well. (Linked below)

(NEW) ADD W1 V3.3 - Baffled Dual Inlet Oil Catch Can Kit - K5 Optima Store

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Just to state in here, if it floats your boat, you can get custom dyno-tuned on this vehicle and realize much larger gains. I also recommend this route if you start modifying it beyond basic things (intake, mufflers).

I achieved a 13% increase in HP and 23% torque increase after custom dyno-tune. My torque increase is now at lower RPM's as well - 3.79 down to 3.14.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts