Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do we think is going to happen? I feel it will come down on a state, not federal level. Possibly a national assault rifle ban again and maybe hi-cap (10+) mags. I really hope there are no ammo tax increases that I have heard people talk about as I really enjoy punching paper.

I do think there need to be a few changes made. I think there should be changes to the private weapon sales laws and a mandatory wait (at least 24 hrs) for any weapon in all states.

People here in AZ are going pretty crazy. Many stores have pulled all their ammo or not reordered it. Walmarts are cleaned out and the local Dicks pulled all it's AR's off of the shelves. Lot's of places are trying to gouge people for things they may see disappear. A gun store by me is charging 49.95 for P-mags that are usually 15-20$.

I never thought I would have to order my .22 online, this is crazy.

·
Registered
2015 BMW M235i
2,822 Posts
What do we think is going to happen? I feel it will come down on a state, not federal level. Possibly a national assault rifle ban again and maybe hi-cap (10+) mags. I really hope there are no ammo tax increases that I have heard people talk about as I really enjoy punching paper.

I do think there need to be a few changes made. I think there should be changes to the private weapon sales laws and a mandatory wait (at least 24 hrs) for any weapon in all states.

People here in AZ are going pretty crazy. Many stores have pulled all their ammo or not reordered it. Walmarts are cleaned out and the local Dicks pulled all it's AR's off of the shelves. Lot's of places are trying to gouge people for things they may see disappear. A gun store by me is charging 49.95 for P-mags that are usually 15-20$.

I never thought I would have to order my .22 online, this is crazy.
I hope nothing to bad. It seems were at a point where it very likley some form.of control will be passed. I just hope it didn't affect law abiding citizens to bad.

I've backordered a few 10 round mags for my saiga 12, hoping to find some 20 round drums soon

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
When will people learn? Gun laws only slow down the people that follow the LAWS.

Guns are illegal in Chicago, yet people get shot and killed there every all the time. Yeah...real effective :rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I disagree with the the wait period for CCW holders. I have a CCW and can buy and walk out the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Ok I agree with you if you have a CCW permit. I think that there should be a cooling off period for new gun owners. If you have a CCW then you probably already have a gun and it doesn't matter.

My concern is for the people who are mad at their neighbor and go out and buy a gun.

·
06/2012 ROTM
1,211 Posts
regardless of legal or illegal anywhere, there's people getting shot....

When will people learn? Gun laws only slow down the people that follow the LAWS.

Guns are illegal in Chicago, yet people get shot and killed there every all the time. Yeah...real effective :rolleyes:

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
regardless of legal or illegal anywhere, there's people getting shot....
and they'll turn to stabbing or bludgeoning each other to death if guns disappear. The end result of violence will be the same, the means will change.

·
10/2012 + 11/2013 ROTM
2011 2.4L
4,445 Posts
and they'll turn to stabbing or bludgeoning each other to death if guns disappear. The end result of violence will be the same, the means will change.
+1 like i am sure many of you have seen the pics floating around just because they ban the guns doesnt mean it will stop anything - meth is illegal i can have an ounce in a couple hours..........................

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
+1 like i am sure many of you have seen the pics floating around just because they ban the guns doesnt mean it will stop anything - meth is illegal i can have an ounce in a couple hours..........................
Truth! Violence is not caused by guns. Guns are used because there is violence. Violence is other people. I wish everyone would just understand that. Ban cars (except Optimas) and watch death rates DROP!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
gun prices are INSANE right now!.... LAR8's are selling for 3-4k on gun broker... INSANE! ill buy a .338 lapua mag. semi auto for those prices...

·
Registered
192 Posts
This conversation is confusing me a little but my opinion is that something needs to change and a reduction of guns needs to be done some how. if there are no guns and people move knives or bludgeoning it would still reduce fatal occurrences in my opinion as that person has to walk up to a person or be very good at throwing a knife. Psychologically its a much different mind set to go up and stab or actually hit someone. there is a physical response back where as with a gun it is pulling a trigger which is much easier to a person.

Not saying violence will go away but I think if even one less child passed away from a tragedy like sandy hook... it would be a different world.

anyways back to modding my optima :p

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wonder if any of the victims' families are/were 2nd ammendment advocates?

I'm asking this.... I gotta wonder if one or two or both of the parents of each child, or the brother/sister/mother/father/son/daughter of the teachers that were killed are 2nd ammendment supporters?

I pray to God that my high school son and jr. high son outlive me and don't die in a school shooting or by any form of violence. That being said, I have a concealed handgun license and I carry a semi auto pistol with me 98% of the time. Only where the law says I can't carry do I leave it in the car or at home.

God forbid, if there were a school shooting at either of my son's schools, I wonder how my view MIGHT change after the fact. Something to ponder..........

I have more, they're just not in the picture

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
God forbid, if there were a school shooting at either of my son's schools, I wonder how my view MIGHT change after the fact. Something to ponder..........
I hope you never ever have to find out man. My guess is, at first would be extreme anger, and then you would wish you were there with your gun, or that someone else, like the principal, would have been trained and armed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if any of the victims' families are/were 2nd ammendment advocates?

I'm asking this.... I gotta wonder if one or two or both of the parents of each child, or the brother/sister/mother/father/son/daughter of the teachers that were killed are 2nd ammendment supporters?

I pray to God that my high school son and jr. high son outlive me and don't die in a school shooting or by any form of violence. That being said, I have a concealed handgun license and I carry a semi auto pistol with me 98% of the time. Only where the law says I can't carry do I leave it in the car or at home.

I have more, they're just not in the picture

You might feel a lot like the woman in this video:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/12/gun-owners-anti-gun-libtards-please-watch-this-video-2524352.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
Somehow I doubt Israel has to worry about active shooters in their schools:

On another note, I love how people like to pick and choose their "stats" with regards to gun control, violent crime, etc:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts