Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all!

Long overdue introduction; been a member for about 8 months & just got around to posting for the first time today!

My name is Quinten and I'm the proud second owner of a Snow White Pearl 2011 EX-T Premium. I bought it in September 2019 from its original owner with 152k miles - I know, sounds like a lot, but it was a great deal & a very well-cared for example. The paint is excellent and the interior is honestly like new. I've got all service records in hand & it runs like a top, quick too! Only missing option is the Technology Package, no nav or Infinity sound system. Currently at 162k miles as of this writing. Here's to many more smile-filled miles!

I've done a few small, tasteful mods here and there, with more in the works.

LED Lighting:
  • Low beams - K5 Optima Store
  • Front turn signals, switchbacks- Lasfit
  • Front/rear sidemarkers; license plate - Sylvania
  • Interior lighting, 6000k - Sylvania
  • Brake lights & rear turn signals... TBD
  • Fog lights... maybe.
Window tint - hopefully in the next several months! 馃サ馃サ

Rearview Mirror Dashcam/Backup Cam - Amazon

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Welcome and with all the miles only a few items might need attention, but if they don't rear their ugly head just drive the car and have fun. You've probably read about the updates and recalls, so just make certain they have all been done and you'll enjoy the lifetime engine warranty. Our '11EX-T, very similar to yours, SWP, but with all options, just had the engine replaced last year @ 172,000 miles. Got to say though, we've had a multitude of problems with the car.

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome and with all the miles only a few items might need attention, but if they don't rear their ugly head just drive the car and have fun. You've probably read about the updates and recalls, so just make certain they have all been done and you'll enjoy the lifetime engine warranty. Our '11EX-T, very similar to yours, SWP, but with all options, just had the engine replaced last year @ 172,000 miles. Got to say though, we've had a multitude of problems with the car.
Thanks! No major issues so far. Some rather routine maintenance...
  • Serpentine Belt & tensioner
  • 4 tires, 4-wheel alignment
  • Rear brake pads & rotors; fronts probably later this year
  • Smart key battery
  • Cabin air filter
  • Oil changes (full synthetic throughout its life), tire rotations
I have had a couple minor issues pop up though:
  • Heated steering wheel currently non-functional. It works intermittently, albeit rarely. Replaced switch to no avail; might be the clockspring. Pending further investigation.
  • Driver heated/cooled seat intermittent issue - detailed in my recent post. In short, I replaced the switch assembly, but I'm thinking the wiring harness is to blame & needs replacement.
All in all, a true joy to drive! Definitely hard to stay out of boost & keep my city mileage up though 馃槄

Registered
2016 Kia Optima LX
Hey y'all!

Long overdue introduction; been a member for about 8 months & just got around to posting for the first time today!

My name is Quinten and I'm the proud second owner of a Snow White Pearl 2011 EX-T Premium. I bought it in September 2019 from its original owner with 152k miles - I know, sounds like a lot, but it was a great deal & a very well-cared for example. The paint is excellent and the interior is honestly like new. I've got all service records in hand & it runs like a top, quick too! Only missing option is the Technology Package, no nav or Infinity sound system. Currently at 162k miles as of this writing. Here's to many more smile-filled miles!

I've done a few small, tasteful mods here and there, with more in the works.

LED Lighting:
  • Low beams - K5 Optima Store
  • Front turn signals, switchbacks- Lasfit
  • Front/rear sidemarkers; license plate - Sylvania
  • Interior lighting, 6000k - Sylvania
  • Brake lights & rear turn signals... TBD
  • Fog lights... maybe.
Window tint - hopefully in the next several months! 馃サ馃サ

Rearview Mirror Dashcam/Backup Cam - Amazon

View attachment 248365
Wow. I just bought a 2016 and was impressed with how new it looked and yours is tracking 5 years longer looking great!

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Before springing for the harness, I'd pull the switch and check wiring continuity as it could possibly be a poor connectiuon, bent pin, etc but probably fixeable. The hated steering wheel is probably the clock-spring.

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before springing for the harness, I'd pull the switch and check wiring continuity as it could possibly be a poor connectiuon, bent pin, etc but probably fixeable. The hated steering wheel is probably the clock-spring.
It probably is an easy fix honestly, but I'm a n00b with wiring 馃槄 and the harness is also relatively inexpensive & easy to install. Maybe I'll have to try to get up with my old electrician friend back home when I visit next.

Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
Welcome to the Optima Forums Quinten.

Congrats on getting your Optima. (BTW love how clean it looks in it's current condition)

Thank you for your business with us in the past, we hope to see you around the forum here.

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 7 of 7 Posts