Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Optima JF 1.7CRDi
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I've been lurking around this forum ever since I decided I wanted aftermarket wheels on my Optima.

I never knew that there was this big of a community for the Optima.

I'll try to take as much knowledge from this forum as possible.

I figured that almost none of the Optimas on this forum have a diesel engine so I'll show mine.

It's already been lowered with Eibach springs,
But I don't like the 25-30/15mm, so I am planning on putting 30/30 on when the times come.
Chromedelete, tinned windows and som bigger wheels and then I am gonna be satisfied with the car.

For now, I am currently struggling with the wheels, I've bought since somehow the offset is wrong together with the tire size. I went overboard, so I currently looking at my options

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Welcome, and not many Danes on the Forum, at least from what I can recall. Nice car, and with the diesel, assume you won't have the ridiculous engine problems that plague the non diesel engines. See a tow hitch, so towing with the diesel is approved, something that isn't available with the gas engine-drivetrain over here.

Always exciting when a wheel tire purchase is found not to be the correct specs for the car and modifications are needed.
Just be glad that the center bore is the same or larger than the OEM wheel, as some have ordered the incorrect wheels and found it to be smaller and wouldn't even fit on the car.
Good luck

·
Registered
2018 Optima JF 1.7CRDi
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, and not many Danes on the Forum, at least from what I can recall. Nice car, and with the diesel, assume you won't have the ridiculous engine problems that plague the non diesel engines. See a tow hitch, so towing with the diesel is approved, something that isn't available with the gas engine-drivetrain over here.
Nice, didn't know that other danes ventured to this NA dominated forum. I am also a part of a 2016+ Optima/Sonata facebook group and there the majority is also from either NA or SEA.

I did not know about the petrol engines being cursed, though I haven't really looked into those engines, since the options available in DK is either diesel or PHEV. The certified dealers even stopped importing the diesel variant after 2018 - or at least I can't find any newer models for sale in DK.

On the mainland where I live, it's common to have a tow hitch. I did get it installed as extra through the dealer as a part of the deal. It wasn't standard on the car

Always exciting when a wheel tire purchase is found not to be the correct specs for the car and modifications are needed.
Just be glad that the center bore is the same or larger than the OEM wheel, as some have ordered the incorrect wheels and found it to be smaller and wouldn't even fit on the car.
Good luck
As for the wheel adventure. I am just frustrated how I didn't get the right measures on first try. So far they stick out 17mm on front and 15mm in the back. 245 tires is apparently too wide on 8.5" wide tires..

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
As for the wheel adventure. I am just frustrated how I didn't get the right measures on first try. So far they stick out 17mm on front and 15mm in the back. 245 tires is apparently too wide on 8.5" wide tires..
Just curious, what is the offset of the new wheels?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Sorry for the delay, been consumed with some problems, but you're not alone with the thinking that 8.5 +35 would not poke outside the fender:

Not only did some think they would fit inside the fender, they state they have them installed and are still inside the fender, but.........
Seems as though the fronts are a major problem, do the wheels come in a different offset?
Not a big fan of different tire sizes on a FWD vehicle, but a smaller tire e.g. 225/45 may be an option, but .3" (7.5mm) smaller in diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts