Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just applied the November 2020 update to my 2020 Optima EX. I could have sworn that, until now, I was able to activate Siri with a short press on the steering wheel button. After the update, a short press activates Kia's voice command system, and a long press activates Siri. Is there any way to change this? Not critical, but annoying!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,098 Posts
Curious to understand why you apparently would rather activate Siri in your Optima via the steering wheel button when simply saying "Hey Siri" will do the job. Actually there is one scenario for which activating via "Hey Siri" while inside your vehicle would not be desired--when you absolutely don't want any passengers inside your vehicle activating it in such a manner, either inadvertently (e.g., when they need to use Siri on their own iPhone) or intentionally (e.g., to mess with you).

I don't see anything in the UVO settings that prioritizes Siri over UVO voice via button press control, so unless someone else knows where to find it I'd say you'll just have to put up with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, you are right that "Hey Siri" will do the job. I keep this feature turned off because Apple has not yet perfected the art of which device in the home responds to "Hey Siri."

It seems that, with this update, Kia may have inadvertently (or deliberately) changed the default for the voice command activation button. Either that or I'm losing my mind :)

Curious to understand why you apparently would rather activate Siri in your Optima via the steering wheel button when simply saying "Hey Siri" will do the job. Actually there is one scenario for which activating via "Hey Siri" while inside your vehicle would not be desired--when you absolutely don't want any passengers inside your vehicle activating it in such a manner, either inadvertently (e.g., when they need to use Siri on their own iPhone) or intentionally (e.g., to mess with you).

I don't see anything in the UVO settings that prioritizes Siri over UVO voice via button press control, so unless someone else knows where to find it I'd say you'll just have to put up with that.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
95 Posts
Last update they added "the sounds of nature" as the default media input over Bluetooth. Absolutely despise it. But can't change it.. I think your in the same boat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you! Darn Sounds of Nature kept coming on and I didn't what I did to cause that.

Last update they added "the sounds of nature" as the default media input over Bluetooth. Absolutely despise it. But can't change it.. I think your in the same boat.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,098 Posts
Actually with the addition of the radio/media off when no media detected option in the November 2020 update it would seem that the Sounds of Nature no longer starts up by default either when the vehicle is turned on (and before your media of choice is detected and started--e.g., iPhone) or whenever any other media/audio source is disconnected/turned off. Or at least that's how the UVO head unit in my 2018 behaves whenever I start my car and/or disconnect my iPhone from UVO before turning off my vehicle.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
95 Posts
Actually with the addition of the radio/media off when no media detected option in the November 2020 update it would seem that the Sounds of Nature no longer starts up by default either when the vehicle is turned on (and before your media of choice is detected and started--e.g., iPhone) or whenever any other media/audio source is disconnected/turned off. Or at least that's how the UVO head unit in my 2018 behaves whenever I start my car and/or disconnect my iPhone from UVO before turning off my vehicle.
Can you elaborate?

What update your on? Or what option your talking about? I dispise the sounds of nature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts