Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Optima Forums. Its a great site with a wealth of information.

I have been researching new wheels and tire looking for something reasonably priced with a good clean look. I like the Genesis Coupe 19" wheel and tire set up on a Optima and is probably the way I'm going to go? However I found a nice set of takeoffs from a 2019 Genesis G70 at a pretty good deal that I would love to put on the car but concerned the rear wheels have to much offset? I have looked all over the site and even google searched and cant find anyone that has used these wheels or wheels with this much offset on their Optima?

Any advise you can give is much appreciated.

Here are the details -

Genesis Coupe wheels
Front - 225/40/19 Tire, 19x8 34et Rim
Rear - 245/40/19 Tire, 19x8.5 32et Rim

Genesis G70 wheels
Front - 225/40/19 Tire, 19x8 34et Rim (same as the Coupe so no issue here)
Rear - 255/35/19 Tire, 19x8.5 46.5et Rim (14.5mm (.57") more offset then the Coupe wheels)

I have even thought about getting a 5mm hubcentric wheel spacers, but I'm not sure about wheel spacers in general? Thoughts about that too would be appreciated?

Here is the G70 wheels I'm talking about - I think they would look great on my Black Optima.
100045464_3261928324031259_7631034627217424384_o.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
What I always advise, especially when the wheel offset "tool" isn't available, is to take the wheel offset that is presently on the car, not specified in thread, 16" 17" or 18", and plug that width and offset in the wheel offset calculator, then plug in the proposed wheel spec.
That will give you the distance that the new wheel will be positioned on the car when compared to the OEM assembly, so you can measure from the OEM wheel while it is installed on the car.
This will give you wheel placement, but tire size also plays a part in the fitment, wide tire will extend past the wheel, but maybe someone wants a stretched tire that would smaller in sidewall width.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is awesome! Thank you so much this information Turbonut. This gives me the measurements that I need to verify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again everyone!

Well I did some more research and decided to go with a set of 19" Kia Stinger Wheels on my 2017 Optima LX. These are the same size/offset wheels and tires as the Genesis G70 wheels pictured in this thread. Hope this helps everyone looking to put Stinger wheels on an Optima. Here are the specs.

Rims - Front 19X8 34ET, Rear 19X8.5 46.5ET
Tires - Front 225/40 (26.1" diameter, 8.9" wide), Rear 255/35 (26" diameter, 10" wide).

Wheels and tire bolted right on, no fitment or clearance issues what so ever. 2017 Optima LX stock suspension. I think they look great! I'm not sure if I am going to lower it? I really like the ride quality, what do you think??

Photos
Optima Stinger 7.jpg
Optima Stinger 6.jpg

Optima Stinger 1.jpg
Optima Stinger 2.jpg
Optima Stinger 3.jpg
Optima Stinger 4.jpg
Optima Stinger 5.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts