Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
150 Posts
Yep Fatty.
Personally, use Techron - Top-Tier - Non-Ethanol Premium.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
A design feature of vehicles equipped with a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) system is the placement of each fuel injector directly
into the engine cylinder head assembly. Therefore, it is completely normal for the combustion process to create deposits on the
injector spray tip surfaces. Although spray tip deposits may appear to be heavy enough to affect injector performance,
there is actually no change in the fuel delivery or spray pattern.

As I stated before, save your money, a fuel injection cleaner isn't going to do squat.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,209 Posts
A design feature of vehicles equipped with a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) system is the placement of each fuel injector directly
into the engine cylinder head assembly. Therefore, it is completely normal for the combustion process to create deposits on the
injector spray tip surfaces. Although spray tip deposits may appear to be heavy enough to affect injector performance,
there is actually no change in the fuel delivery or spray pattern.

As I stated before, save your money, a fuel injection cleaner isn't going to do squat.
Perhaps a FI cleaner indeed won't do squat as far as dealing with spray tip deposits, but to argue that buying an FI cleaner is not worth spending any money on at all is somewhat questionable--not unless you are implying that there's no need to buy a FI cleaner because it is impossible for FIs to get clogged? Now you may counter-argue that all gasolines--no matter what brand--contain some sort of detergent agent to help prevent that from happening, but I think that everyone can agree that not all brand gasolines are created equal.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
Perhaps a FI cleaner indeed won't do squat as far as dealing with spray tip deposits, but to argue that buying an FI cleaner is not worth spending any money on at all is somewhat questionable--not unless you are implying that there's no need to buy a FI cleaner because it is impossible for FIs to get clogged? Now you may counter-argue that all gasolines--no matter what brand--contain some sort of detergent agent to help prevent that from happening, but I think that everyone can agree that not all brand gasolines are created equal.
Let me reply @ injector cleaners. If an injector is clogged, there is no cleaner that will help,
must be removed, but then one might say the cleaner is used to ensue this doesn't occur.
I'm going to stick my neck out and ask how many personally know someone that had a
clogged, not a non functioning injector? I know in the over 2 million miles I've driven, and the
thousands of cars serviced, I've yet to come across a vehicle with an injector problem, and
this is with and w/o using tier 1 fuel, as all gasoline contain cleaners.
If you look at gasoline ingredients, you'll see that after refinery they are sent to blending
terminals that add the various ingredients, ethanol, butane, pentane, isopentane,
benzene, ethylbenzene, toluene, xylenes, and cleaning agents/stabilizer antioxidants.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,209 Posts
Fair enough; what I should have said was that using FI cleaners may help minimize the build-up--if not completely reduce the accumulation--of spray tip deposits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.