Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima 2.4 LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning the interior of the car with the car running. It didn’t take too long but I started to smell a faint gas smell in the backseat and I didn’t think much of it. I drove 5 minutes down the street & parked. I got back in the car about an hour later & smelled gas fumes worse than before. No signs of leakage under the vehicle & after driving around a while, the smell went away. Not sure what it could be. I just got an oil change about 2 weeks ago. At 87k miles. Any suggestions? (Hope this is the right thread for my problem)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
Question would be, raw gas or exhaust odor?
Once the odor entered the cabin, it would take some time before it dissipated, especially if the windows were raised.
Reentering from fresh air, one would surely detect a non-friendly smell inside the car.

If it occurs again, then take some action to try and located the area causing the stench.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this exact issue - noticing a gas smell while driving, if I put the window down. It's very noticeable. I have a 2013 LX with the 2.4.

I saw that there is an open recall for the fuel system but I ran my VIN and my car isn't on the list. I wonder if I took it to a dealer if they'd honor it, anyone have any insight on this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts